Quarter season in, Vegas is leading the Pacific

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It's like a real life reproduction of that horrible movie " The Replacements" with Keanu Reeves.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
13th in adjusted Corsi. 7th in xGF%. They're like, actually playing well. This isn't smoke and mirrors.

Having said that, I feel like their goaltending can collapse at any moment. But if it doesn't, they can absolutely make the playoffs.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
If Gallant takes the team to the playoffs does he get the jack adams?

For sure.

First expansion team to make the playoffs in their inaugural season. It's a historic accomplishment, and no one will care about how they had better expansion rules if that happens.

Nice way to end the 'story' as well.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They appear to have struck gold with William Karlsson. Nobody would have predicted this kind of breakout from him.
I certainly didn't. He looked like garbage in preseason this year. I still think he has room to improve a bit but I'm magnificently surprised.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
What's really fantastic is that Vegas is doing so well and the rest of us are happy for their success, because nobody hates them yet.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
What will be interesting to me is what the GM decides to do if it looks like they will be a playoff team. You have guys like Neal that you took knowing you were going to get at least a 1st at the trade deadline for them. From a long term perspective you probably do need that pick to build for the future, but if you are in the playoffs can you make that move? Will be interesting to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad