Dallas vs Columbus
Dallas:
  • rampant number of players playing on the wrong side or out of position
  • decent crop of players tho
Columbus:
  • top six properly configured and now disgustingly good
  • fixed up defence
  • just better all around
and this is from the guy that eviscerated my lineup last round.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
:avs

Damn looks like we in trouble.

Read my 1st post in this page that explains why 9 of you are wrong. Not too late to change to the right side :thumbu:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:avs

Damn looks like we in trouble.

Read my 1st post in this page that explains why 9 of you are wrong. Not too late to change to the right side :thumbu:
:leafs
Read my first post to know why you 9 are right, and the other 7 should switch, not too late to hop on the Toronto hype train. You all know what a championship calibre team looks like, and hint, they don't have .909 starting goaltending:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Just going to throw this out there, guys like @Panda Bear and @Makaveli throwing out their feelings for every matchup and giving reasoning I have mad respect for. If you can tell me why your team should win you definitely gain brownie points in my books, or if you're like @m0pe, while he may be my opponent and I truly believe I should win, I totally respect him debating it and stating his case as opposed to sitting idly by, so to all those of you partaking in the debates, I love it!

Reactions: m0pe

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
you guys really need to stop voting colorado.

yes, colorado has the best set of defensive/possession-driving forwards, but their defence is a clear doesn't have the same level of mobility or puck-moving ability. hamonic is the worst player of the twelve listed by a large margin, and giordano continues to get slower, which is a huge issue against the speed of players like svechnikov and rust.

and don't give me this crap about how price's numbers are only low because of his team. petry and weber on two different pairings is nothing to scoff at, and chiarot and mete both did more than adequate jobs at different points this year to complement them. hellebuyck's been behind a complete tirefire in terms of defence to the point where every single jets player is a black hole.

colorado's forwards and the leafs' forwards are a wash, sure

but leafs defence > colorado in terms of match up

and hellebuyck >>>>> price

i'll keep posting this stuff until toronto is voted thru btw

Reactions: hockeynorth

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020

yes, colorado has the best set of defensive/possession-driving forwards, but their defence is a clear doesn't have the same level of mobility or puck-moving ability. hamonic is the worst player of the twelve listed by a large margin, and giordano continues to get slower, which is a huge issue against the speed of players like svechnikov and rust.

and don't give me this crap about how price's numbers are only low because of his team. petry and weber on two different pairings is nothing to scoff at, and chiarot and mete both did more than adequate jobs at different points this year to complement them. hellebuyck's been behind a complete tirefire in terms of defence to the point where every single jets player is a black hole.

y do u hate me Panda

Reactions: Llamamoto49

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

Thanks Panda this is how I feel too, my D and G really are just far better in 2020... a few years ago Colorados likely wins but it's changed, players get old and slow, while other players truly blossom. Shea Theodore had a Norris calibre season, I can post all the articles and numbers and comparisons again showing it. He's essentially young Josi before people realized this eyear just how good the guy was, and he's on my 2nd par paired with Fox, and @m0pe I looked into the numbers, Fox had more even strength points than Marino total, and 7 more at evens (a 24 place jump in D scoring). The D and G really does just tip it

y do u hate me Panda
To be fair man, I don't think Panda loves me all that much either but he can make some good clear cut takes as evidenced above;)

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Thanks Panda this is how I feel too, my D and G really are just far better in 2020... a few years ago Colorados likely wins but it's changed, players get old and slow, while other players truly blossom. Shea Theodore had a Norris calibre season, I can post all the articles and numbers and comparisons again showing it. He's essentially young Josi before people realized this eyear just how good the guy was, and he's on my 2nd par paired with Fox, and @m0pe I looked into the numbers, Fox had more even strength points than Marino total, and 7 more at evens (a 24 place jump in D scoring). The D and G really does just tip it

To be fair man, I don't think Panda loves me all that much either but he can make some good clear cut takes as evidenced above;)

to be fair, i don't think Gio can fallen off that much in a year from when he won the norris. Yes i would take Josi but Gio is still a top D in my eyes. I like to base "now" not only off 1 season. I would much rather a consistently good guy in these games then ones who just had a big year.

Also re: Fox, he played more games. Their per game ES points was very similar.

I totally get the votes for Toronto, it's cool. I had you pegged as a top team, great squad you build.

But hey, gotta argue my side...I think it is close either way as much as Panda may not think

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
to be fair, i don't think Gio can fallen off that much in a year from when he won the norris. Yes i would take Josi but Gio is still a top D in my eyes. I like to base "now" not only off 1 season. I would much rather a consistently good guy in these games then ones who just had a big year.

I totally get the votes for Toronto, it's cool. I had you pegged as a top team, great squad you build.

But hey, gotta argue my side...I think it is close either way as much as Panda may not think
Gio struggles against extremely fast players these days, so if he's your top pair out against Rust and Svechnikov who have defenders who can play a great breakout pass, that's a huge problem.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

I loved your team, its inside my top four, pretty much fluid from 3-5 for me, and I can always respect someone arguing their own sides, I did have mine and one other above though

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Gio struggles against extremely fast players these days, so if he's your top pair out against Rust and Svechnikov who have defenders who can play a great breakout pass, that's a huge problem.
Hehe I love my super breakout blueline, gotta have wheels

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I don’t know if we’re going to get more votes, only 18 last round and we’re already at 16

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015

In player polls, the players of the NHL still vote Price as the best goalie in the league.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Congrats @hockeynorth on advancing past us. Good series, well deserved.
Your team was unreal and yours and mine were the two I felt could beat LA, and yours the only one I would really think could beat Toronto here. I felt mine won the matchup off depth but yours scared me the most

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
In player polls, the players of the NHL still vote Price as the best goalie in the league.
Price has an aura to him that commands respect from his peers.

Unfortunately, it only works on his peers. He isn't the same anymore. He can still hit the peaks sometimes, but not as often. Blame injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad