GDT: Quarter Final | Russia Vs Germany | 1/2 @ 10 AM | TSN/NHL

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Russia clearly favorit! But Germany has some weapons but Goaltending and Defense must be perfect, than they ve a little chance for an upset.

We haven't seen the German defence or the goalies be anywhere near perfect though. I also think that Stützle, Peterka and Elias alone (so 1 line) is not enough depth.

Last edited:

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
Just a heads up that this game starts at 10 AM Mountain Standard Time, which is 12 EST. I woke up grumpy this morning to find that out lol

Reactions: hn777

Durnberg

Feb 2, 2007
6-2 Russia, Germany is just outmatched. And yes I’d love to see Germany win

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
There's certainly some hype around him, TSN is hyping him up. He's good for sure, but they might be overdoing it.
The interesting question is how would Stuetzle do if he reversed spots with Marco Rossi? It’s one thing to be on a team with no depth, but still have a couple of great linemates, which Stuetzle has benefited from. I would like to see how well he would have played on Austria, with pretty much zero help.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
The interesting question is how would Stuetzle do if he reversed spots with Marco Rossi? It’s one thing to be on a team with no depth, but still have a couple of great linemates, which Stuetzle has benefited from. I would like to see how well he would have played on Austria, with pretty much zero help.

Well, that's up for speculation. Granted, he is good and he's got a good line with Peterka and Elias but I think it's not enough depth and the goaltending and defending has been quite lackluster for Germany.

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
Well... if he beats Russia, he'll probably get at least one shrine built in his name.

nah, in Germany we named streets and places after people immediately. I guess the town of Viersen is already figuring out which long-forgotten Prussian General or Writer they could get rid of.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Well, that's up for speculation. Granted, he is good and he's got a good line with Peterka and Elias but I think it's not enough depth and the goaltending and defending has been quite lackluster for Germany.
Of course, I wasn’t predicting a German win by any means (though I’d like to see one).

It’s a shame they had that late meltdown against the Swiss. If they put up a shutout after shutting down Slovakia to a decent degree, they could go in with some real defensive momentum.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
This "should" be a Russia win, the only factor otherwise is the play of Stutzle. If he somehow takes it to another level, it's possible he could drag his team past Russia... and for sure, he'd be elevated to Demigod status, even if they didn't make it further... but Russia should take this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad