WJC: Quarter Final Predictions : Poll

Quarter Final Predictions

• Total voters

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Canada looks like a beast. Should win it all

As a USA fan we are really good, but it’s kids and they look like anything could happen. Good or bad!! But they’ll handle game one

Sweden Losing to us doesn’t bother me much. B2B and it’s not like we aren’t a good team. I think they’ll bounce back and Finland looks weaker this year. Finland always surprises though (Maybe it shouldn’t be a surprise I guess!)

Russia should wear down a depleted Germans fairly easily.

A crazy goalie in one game can change everything!!
Just lost Newhook. Hopefully we don't lose any more.

VVP

Oct 7, 2017
I do not see Germany beating Russia but obviously less probable things have happened before. If there is a huge upset I feel it can be USA losing to Slovaks. If Slovaks have done their research they need to shut down Zegras and then it is much easier to handle the rest of the US. So far I am not seeing USA as the world beaters but perhaps their best games are to come.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
So, according to our poll, the biggest QF upset would be Canada losing to the Czechs. Imagine the implosion within Hockey Canada if that happens!

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
So, according to our poll, the biggest QF upset would be Canada losing to the Czechs. Imagine the implosion within Hockey Canada if that happens!
It’s probably not as far-fetched as people think. Obviously, if we come out like we did against Finland it shouldn’t be a problem, but the first two periods of that game were above what I would consider the team’s typical level. If we play at a lower level and the Czechs play the trap as well as they did against Russia with their goaltender in peak form, then an upset is possible. Not to mention the fact that you just might not get the bounces in any given game and end up hitting five posts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad