GDT: Quarter Final: Finland Vs United States | 11:30AM EST 5:30PM CET | FIN 1 - 0 USA

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Lol what ? The game was pretty close and could have gone either way, pretty sure that could have happened more than once in 100 games
I can't stand comments like this.. big 5 are even. There are no underdogs. If the FInn's beat Canada I won't be surprised. If Canada wins 10-0... I'll be surprised.lol All 4 (and the departed States) can win this tourney!

Reactions: jj cale

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
when you comment something like "ugh you again" then that does have a certain tone to it.
goon-gif-6.gif

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I can't stand comments like this.. big 5 are even. There are no underdogs. If the FInn's beat Canada I won't be surprised. If Canada wins 10-0... I'll be surprised.lol All 4 (and the departed States) can win this tourney!
I can guarantee you we (USA) can’t win THIS tourney! :laugh:

Congrats to Finland

Reactions: blindpass

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Beecher should be benched after that hit. Easily could have been major.

He should've been benched because he shoots the puck around the boards every time he gets the puck. Never looks to make a play. Doesn't have the puck skills to do that.

There were a lot of complaints about Turcotte and Caufield, but they were running a two man line. Their only goal they combined for was when Beecher wasn't on the ice.

Has he played in this game since? Haven’t seen him on the ice. They protecting him or is he just a 4th line plug?

He doesn't play that much, although he does manage to find himself on a line with Turcotte and Caufield. He plays PK, no PP, 3rd line at ES, so his minutes aren't very high. He's 8th among the forwards in TOI/G. 3rd liner for this team. Started out as a 2nd liner, and was moved down because he wasn't playing well there. That was one of the few changes the coach made. I would've thought he'd be a good 4th liner for us this year, but the way he played, he didn't even deserve to make the team.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
All those top 15 picks after Hughes (including him...) are way overrated, it will look like a list of bust soon enough.

You should bookmark this.

Some people can't control their emotions during this tournament, and like to overreact. It's how it goes. We see this every year.

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
Look, here's the thing, this guy is a 3rd rounder prospect and the Finnish league isn't exactly known for its high level so a few good games in a low-level adult league don't suddenly boost a mid-tier prospect to blue-chip level. So it's not that surprising that the USA coach had more important players to focus on
Your comments just get more and more stupid :laugh::help::huh:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
You should bookmark this.

Some people can't control their emotions during this tournament, and like to overreact. It's how it goes. We see this every year.

Except if you look at my draft rankings evaluation, it was already baked in. I know its HFboard tradition to call for "overreaction", but one should probably look who is talking...

I think NHL scouts are still very bad at evaluating the effect of chemistry on stats, and then stats on draft rankings. When it comes to the US national development team (if we can call it that), it's more or less of a drafting parade without any form of accountability. Scouts should beware of what appears to be a talented group in individual stats.

Last edited:

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
More skilled than a consistent 30+ goal scorer and elite chance generator? Wow must be a top 5 prospect in the league
Oh, so a guy who's scored 30 twice/hit 50 pts twice in 8 years is considered consistent and elite now... I'll see myself out...

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Damn.
Was hoping to meet the Americans for another clash... too bad, thought we'd have a good round 2.

How'd Robertson look?

Was his worst game of the tournament. Most other games he was pretty good. Had a few good moments this game where he'd make a nice play and a teammate would just flub it but overall, didn't play well in that game. Some bad mistakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad