GDT: Quarter Final: Finland Vs United States | 11:30AM EST 5:30PM CET | FIN 1 - 0 USA

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Congrats Finn's...we are a total em·bar·rass·ment!!! Nice job USA hockey and your bullcrap elitism. Proud of them you are.

Just because you call it "typical" doesn't make it true :laugh:

Master P my issue is with USA HOCKEY, the organization, not USA hockey. I should have made myself clear. Its an elite clique of those of NTDP and NCAA players and coaches who never think outside the box. A good old boys network on skates. I like where another poster stated if you go to their website now, they'll tell us all how well we did.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Wahlstrom just couldn't pass up a chance to prove what a moron he is. Incredibly dumb player

Wahlstrom is not that dirty player what that 5+20 penalty for Elbowing tells you.
He was clearly very disappointed of that how his team played.

Also he knew USA is out of the tournament when there was 3 seconds on the clock.
He's also lost U18 and U20 WJC gold medal games vs Finland.
And now he lost U20 WJC quarterfinal vs Finland.

That's a lot losing in 3 straight junior world championship tournaments.
So in my opinion that shouldn't be any surprise why he couldn't control himself this time.

I don't say Wahlstrom did right thing when he took that 5+20 penalty.
But i understand why did what he did.

Yes it was very stupid 5+20 penalty for sure but it doesn't make Wahlstrom bad or dirty player.
Whalstrom is still young kid and kids gets emotional.
That's nothing new.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
how exactly is us more talented than the Finns, finland has won every time in this age group and missing Kakko, Kotka Lundell Kupari..

USA dominated the game sir. I mean the Fins maybe had 1 good scoring chance the entire evening and the goal wasn’t even one of them I would rank in the top 3-5

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I think it was a solid game from both teams, but especially from Finland who made the Americans to not play with their strenghts. It was a tight goaltending battle, which ended as a Finnish victory.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Excuse me, what? USA had some good stretches but it was mostly Finland who controlled this game.

If you’re talking in regards to dictating the style of play maybe but the chances were largely more of the quality variety for the US. They simply couldnt finish

AllIDoIsLie

Dec 21, 2019
USA dominated the game sir. I mean the Fins maybe had 1 good scoring chance the entire evening and the goal wasn’t even one of them I would rank in the top 3-5

Yeah, no. Thanks for the laugh though.

Now go home and circle jerk and try not to get upset if anyone performs better than you.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Im not defending it. I said in my initial post that it was stupid by Pinto to go after him in the first place. He had bad intentions, I do agree. But he didn't

He barely touched him, watch the replay.

I played in three different Jr A leagues and NCAA for 4. Is that high enough for you? Not trying to be rude but I would love to hear where you played, ****in hardo
Post a link to your hockeydb. Bet you won’t, internet tough guy

Last edited:

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
Not only can the Finns boast a couple years of adequacy at the u20s after decades of irrelevancy, they also churn out elite talent at the top of the draft like Kaapo "Should've Gone 1st" Kakko, Jesperi "#1C BTW" Kotkaniemi, Patrik "90 Goals" Laine, and Jesse "Monster of Kärpät" Puljujärvi. Move over, Canada!
I'm happy to see we have slavic fans too. You forgot Aho and few others as well!

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
how exactly is us more talented than the Finns, finland has won every time in this age group and missing Kakko, Kotka Lundell Kupari..

Quinn Hughes alone has more NHL points than those guys combined. And then there's Fox, J Hughes and Marino who all have more points than Kakko...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad