GDT: Quarter Final: Czech Republic Vs Sweden | 2:00PM EST 8:00PM CET | SWE 5 - 0 CZE

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
So we are going to play the game of digging for historical incidents? Show me something from this year to compare with the kick in groin?

What does that has anything to do with Canada allways getting away trying to injury other teams players :)? While other teams getting their players suspended when they doing the same.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
What ****en decade is this? Is that betamax?

Hockey is dirty and full of *******s. I've noticed a lot of hillarious takes during this tourney.

Sik hits a guy in the balls and he's a bastard. Agreed. The guy cross checks him in the lower back before that.. just a tap.

Czech slashes a wrist.. he's a bastard. Agreed. Czech gets kicked in the balls... literally kicked in the balls! Poor Swede was falling.

To be clear, they're all ****ty plays.

Same with the headbutts are not that hard.. who cares, don't headbutt! I don't care if it's a soft headbutt or a hard one.. when you start headbutting, there is a problem.

Medals tossed in stands
Helmets not taken off

You'd think this was a bunch of entitled teenagers or something!

Na just showing how corrupted IIHF is :)! Canadians getting away for injurying players while Edler got suspended when he was injurying a Canadian... you can't denie that's some next level bullshit.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Na just showing how corrupted IIHF is :)! Canadians getting away for injurying players while Edler got suspended when he was injurying a Canadian... you can't denie that's some next level bull****.
This is a different argument...

If you are arguing that the IIHF is awful at reffing and discipline.. agreed. The 'highlight' reel would be insane.

If you are saying ONLY Canadians (and those dirty Czechs) get away with this stuff, you lost me.

I do get the arguments... you get suspended for a tiny headbump that probably didn't even scratch the visor.. but Scott Stephen's can hit you so hard you retire and not get a penalty. It's apples and oranges.

Eg. a Dman could wire a shot and break a guys wrist.

Recently, in Ontario, a goalie almost died on the ice... literally. Dude went skate first into him... he almost bled out on the ice. They actually ended the game as it was so upsetting and there was so much blood. He's okay now.. not playing though. No penalty on the play... but the headbutt(s) was a suspension.

There are rules
There are dangerous plays
There are assholes in hockey from every nation

Yes, I like Radko Gudas!

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Na just showing how corrupted IIHF is :)! Canadians getting away for injurying players while Edler got suspended when he was injurying a Canadian... you can't denie that's some next level bull****.
You've dredged something up from 2004! This year's team Canada junior team have played very clean, I've watched every minute. They've been given suspensions for minor things, got so your argument just doesn't hold up.

It's insane that you go from incidents in a game against the Czechs to outrage against Canada.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
This is a different argument...

If you are arguing that the IIHF is awful at reffing and discipline.. agreed. The 'highlight' reel would be insane.

If you are saying ONLY Canadians (and those dirty Czechs) get away with this stuff, you lost me.

I do get the arguments... you get suspended for a tiny headbump that probably didn't even scratch the visor.. but Scott Stephen's can hit you so hard you retire and not get a penalty. It's apples and oranges.

Eg. a Dman could wire a shot and break a guys wrist.

Recently, in Ontario, a goalie almost died on the ice... literally. Dude went skate first into him... he almost bled out on the ice. They actually ended the game as it was so upsetting and there was so much blood. He's okay now.. not playing though. No penalty on the play... but the headbutt(s) was a suspension.

There are rules
There are dangerous plays
There are *******s in hockey from every nation

Yes, I like Radko Gudas!

I never said that the Czech got away with this stuff did I? I'm just saying that when they looking at the incidents after the game is played IIHF more often than not rule out in the favore of Canada and giving the middle finger to any other team... I don't see Edlers hit on Staal any more dirty than Nidermayers hit from behinde on Forsberg... but the outcome was different Nidermayer could still play while Edler was suspended from international hockey for a few games...

You've dredged something up from 2004! This year's team Canada junior team have played very clean, I've watched every minute. They've been given suspensions for minor things, got so your argument just doesn't hold up.

It's insane that you go from incidents in a game against the Czechs to outrage against Canada.

Yeah because this is just this year we talking about... my argument does hold up otherwise pleas explain why Canadians more often than not getting of the hook while injury other teams players... when other teams gets suspensions for doing the same.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I never said that the Czech got away with this stuff did I? I'm just saying that when they looking at the incidents after the game is played IIHF more often than not rule out in the favore of Canada and giving the middle finger to any other team... I don't see Edlers hit on Staal any more dirty than Nidermayers hit from behinde on Forsberg... but the outcome was different Nidermayer could still play while Edler was suspended from international hockey for a few games...
My bad.. I think the Czechs got away some bullshit. I don't want to see Sik again.lol The slashing made me sad.. and I'm a fanatic!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Did you see the videos?
Off the captain wearing his helmet... yes
Of Veleno headbutting a guy ... yes
Of Foote anhilating some poor Sloavak, making zero head contact, and getting kicked out for targetting the head.. yes

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
To add to that list... I also saw Wahlstom targetting a head and get nothing!
I saw another brutal hit by an American on a Finn that was about 100x worse than Foote and get 2 minutes

the IIHF is the problem, not the players passports.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
To add to that list... I also saw Wahlstom targetting a head and get nothing!
I saw another brutal hit by an American on a Finn that was about 100x worse than Foote and get 2 minutes

the IIHF is the problem, not the players passports.

Maybe thats true but when the one in charges of it are from Canada you can't blame people for thinking they favoring Canada...

bDtKarlsson

Feb 21, 2014
Berggren was questioned about the kick. Roughly translated:

"Just pure bad luck, obviously I did not intend it. I was infront of the goal trying to pull their player away from our goalie. Then I was pushed by the referee and the czech player. I fell backwards and lost my balance."

I think his story is very consistent with what we can see on the replays. Swedes were up 5-0, they kept calm the entire game and barely had a penalty. To me it's highly unlikely that he would suddenly snap for something so trivial and risk a suspension. Makes absolutely no sense.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Maybe thats true but when the one in charges of it are from Canada you can't blame people for thinking they favoring Canada...
I'm 50/50 on that...

That gold run... whatever it was.. 6 in a row I think? Canada was the least penalized team every year.

Reactions: Slimmy and aphyro

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Berggren was questioned about the kick. Roughly translated:

"Just pure bad luck, obviously I did not intend it. I was infront of the goal trying to pull their player away from our goalie. Then I was pushed by the referee and the czech player. I fell backwards and lost my balance."

I think his story is very consistent with what we can see on the replays. Swedes were up 5-0, they kept calm the entire game and barely had a penalty. To me it's highly unlikely that he would suddenly snap for something so trivial and risk a suspension. Makes absolutely no sense.
Now, if you were the Czech players mother... sitting in the front row. Would it still make sense?

I get why it makes sense to a Swedish fan. I'm struggling with I needed to kick his balls to stay standing.lol

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
A little off topic, but as a hockey fan, the worst thing that happened to Czech Hockey, is the breakup of Czechoslovakia. It is a shame to see the Czechs and the Slovaks perform so terrible in international hockey competitions for over a decade. Ever since the Czechs won Gold in the 1998 Olympics, and some World Championships in the early and mid 2000's- they have seen early exits in the WJHC, World Cup, Olympics, and WHC.

As a hockey fan, it would be great to see the Czech Republic merge with Slovakia again. The breakup has weakened a potential great hockey power. Even though i cheer for Canada, i like to see other nations like the former Czechoslovakia perform well in hockey. Citizens of both countries should demand this, so they could be field one great hockey team and sports teams in international competitions. Instead, they are reduced to early exits year in and year out. Not sure how possible is for them to merge again, but a joint team would be great for hockey competitions.​

Reactions: Autodidact

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
FTR.. I have nothing against whoever the kicker was. Sweden was very gentleman like in the slaughter today. But the behind the net angle is not screaming innocent to me.

It had no impact on anything. The States got away with the 2 most dangerous plays of the day IMO and I don't think of them as dirty either. I was actually a fan of a lot of those guys as I wanted the Oil to draft an American and there like 4 high end American's clumped in the 6 to 12 spots in the last draft. I don't like the Czech slashes at all.

bDtKarlsson

Feb 21, 2014
Now, if you were the Czech players mother... sitting in the front row. Would it still make sense?

I get why it makes sense to a Swedish fan. I'm struggling with I needed to kick his balls to stay standing.lol

Well I'm very happy the player's mothers don't ref the game, no idea how that is relevant. So you never slipped on ice before? It's literaly your natural reflex to launch your leg forward to keep your balance. Did the Czech player even care about the situation? My guess is that he understood that it wasn't intentional as well. Berggrens story, the replays, the reaction of the referees and the Czech team, everything points towards the same conclusion.

Reactions: Autodidact

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->