GDT: Quarter Final: Czech Republic Vs Sweden | 2:00PM EST 8:00PM CET | SWE 5 - 0 CZE

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What is the list of injured players that likely wont play tommorow against Sweden?
Definitely out are top Centre Jan Jenik and top winger Jakub Lauko

Maybe out are top goalie Lukas Dostal and his backup Lukas Parik. Also in the maybe pile is our 2C (who is not at the level of Jenik or Lauko but he is our 2 and he's been very good) Sir. Last, our 10th best forward Sik may or may not be suspended for a dickshot.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Oh I think the USA with Knight in goal...the Finns have a nice d but a pop gun offense and Annunen has not been a brick wall. The US have enough to win the tourney
This is the one I'm not sure about. I just don't like going against Finland as they always rise to the occasion. I do agree that, in this very specific case, on paper the States are the better team. Still, Finland seem to overcome adversity a lot. Going into the tourney I felt Annunen was the best goalie of all the nations... he just needs to be great for one game and all is forgiven!

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Oh I think the USA with Knight in goal...the Finns have a nice d but a pop gun offense and Annunen has not been a brick wall. The US have enough to win the tourney
Annunen is probably the better golie of the two right now.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Czechs are too injured, and I think after the way the pool was going will be happy to be in the QF. 6-0 Sweden.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
I think Sweden may roll the Czech in this one... however I do think they can get a goaltending performance to keep them in the game so I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s close.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
I hope the czechs dont play dirty on our star players like the slovaks did.
What are you talking about?
I din't see any dirty play against your players., there was also no penalty till the end of the game.
Is that some psychological game not to touch your players so they have more space in the game?
They should choose florbal instead of hockey then.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
What are you talking about?
I din't see any dirty play against your players., there was also no penalty till the end of the game.
Is that some psychological game not to touch your players so they have more space in the game?
They should choose florbal instead of hockey then.
the slash on sandin was ugly

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I have "grudged" memories from summer 1999 at Prague after Oslo's WHC. Every single Czech hearing we came from Finland didn't leave an opportunity to turn a knife unused. It was very easy to get in contacts with the locals then. :laugh: A lot of different labels of beer and endless hockey discussions with 20-1 odds: "Hahaaa! Losers!", with very friendly tone, tho.

While It is clear that Swedes are likely going to kick some Czech arse here, my fond grudged memories force me to take a side of Czech now. Who Finn wouldn't like to root underdogs against big brothers and beloved enemy Sweden?

Reactions: LiveeviL

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
the slash on sandin was ugly
Ohh yes, you are right, that was foul.
But I don't think it was done on purpose. Our player didn't not want to slash Sandin to unprotected place.
I was just pointing out that generally there was no dirty play from our side.
I remember many dirty plays from Canadians when they were loosing but this was not the current case..

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
If we stay out of the penalty box we may have a chance.

I'm sure our boys will come to play though, much like they did vs the USA. The crowd should help a lot.

Should be a good one!

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I’m very positive the Czechs will defeat the Round Robin kings

do some research. Sweden in most years advance to semis,Czechs dont. . also your own russia have one gold medal in just ten years. thats less than finland, usa, canada.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Impossible to tell really if that slash was ugly or not, since it has a lot to do with intentions. The slash it self wasnt hard, but wrists are vulnerable, and if you are a dirty player, it could be a trick you have to slash the wrist, but it could easily just be a stick hack attempt.

Anyway, Sandin seems to be okay, so no harm.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Impossible to tell really if that slash was ugly or not, since it has a lot to do with intentions. The slash it self wasnt hard, but wrists are vulnerable, and if you are a dirty player, it could be a trick you have to slash the wrist, but it could easily just be a stick hack attempt.

Anyway, Sandin seems to be okay, so no harm.
Exactly and if you can’t prove the intent then its nothing more than a 2 minute minor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->