GDT: Quarter Final: Canada Vs Slovakia | 9AM EST 3PM CET | CAN 6 - 1 SVK

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Really surprised that their talent production has slowed this much. I thought that Orange program/team would start to pay dividends by now.
Orange program was not created to generate some talents, it is too late for this age.
We have huge problems in other areas starting with lack of money, low base, missing or old training facilities, many couches still training with old methodology from 90th years, "overmotivated" parents seeing the next Palffy, Bondra in their sons etc. etc.

Reactions: wacko2

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Surprised Lafreniere is playing... I don’t think he needs to play much in this game, Canada should win easily and I’d play him just enough to get his feet under him.

Reactions: lakai17

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
While the result will be very likely plain clear in numbers, I predict someway difficult game for Canada.

Slovaks are cornered, their back against a wall, and still playing at home grounds. I don't know how Czechs' root for their brothers, but as a random Finn I'm 100% on the side of the underdog here. Good luck. It's needed.

Reactions: stastny12

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
While the result will be very likely plain clear in numbers, I predict someway difficult game for Canada.

Slovaks are cornered, their back against a wall, and still playing at home grounds. I don't know how Czechs' root for their brothers, but as a random Finn I'm 100% on the side of the underdog here. Good luck. It's needed.
Home grounds or not, the amount of Canadians who traveled here negates the home ice advantage

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Home grounds or not, the amount of Canadians who traveled here negates the home ice advantage

Might be true. Whatever, Canada's material and quality should make this as easy overrun for them, but that's the problem. They shouldn't take this game that way.

If there doesn't happen some instant scoring, the curriculum of the match will likely go: Canada "struggle" an the start of the game and Slovaks pull up their best game of the tournament, but there are not enough gears for them to stop Canada's juggernaut, which then becomes increasingly more effective and destructive more time has gone by. At some point its then going to break. I don't predict double digits as for some courteous reasons Team Canada doesn't use opportunities for that. The end of the 3rd period is probably very dull thing to watch.

Still hoping Slovaks can pull up a miracle on ice.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Might be true. Whatever, Canada's material and quality should make this as easy overrun for them, but that's the problem. They shouldn't take this game that way.

If there doesn't happen some instant scoring, the curriculum of the match will likely go: Canada "struggle" an the start of the game and Slovaks pull up their best game of the tournament, but there are not enough gears for them to stop Canada's juggernaut, which then becomes increasingly more effective and destructive more time has gone by. At some point its then going to break. I don't predict double digits as for some courteous reasons Team Canada doesn't use opportunities for that. The end of the 3rd period is probably very dull thing to watch.

Still hoping Slovaks can pull up a miracle on ice.
It can be argued that a tough game would better suit Canada going forward.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
12:1 Canada

I think it's going to be "only" like 5:0 for Canada because they will eventually start resting for semis. There's no point in playing 100% against such a weak team. And then we are going to listen to Slovak announcers and studio experts tell us how our team showed great character and fought hard against such a strong opponent and the usual bullsh*t. :laugh:

Reactions: Jabs102501

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
SZLH should send out an apology to all Slovak fans after this display, such a disgrace
Both teams are on down years. Let’s see how this plays out. 7-3 Canada. For those that don’t know the Slovak goaltender has been by far the best goalie stats wise in the Q league this year with Sherbrooke. If he’s on his game this shouldn’t be a blow out.

Last edited:

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
I think it's going to be "only" like 5:0 for Canada because they will eventually start resting for semis. There's no point in playing 100% against such a weak team. And then we are going to listen to Slovak announcers and studio experts tell us how our team showed great character and fought hard against such a strong opponent and the usual bullsh*t. :laugh:
I'm only joking, but I can still see it happening

Sniperberg

Mar 30, 2017
That Canadian 1st-line is going to tear those poor Slovaks apart.
Or not, as i am unable to predict anything.

Reactions: al secord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->