GDT: Quarter Final: Canada Vs Slovakia | 9AM EST 3PM CET | CAN 6 - 1 SVK

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Sweden probably will beat Czechs. So Canada will face Finland I think. Their goalie is solid but confident Canada can beat them. Final game is going to be tough.

Reactions: Dominance

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Jack Hughes was bad in this tournament last year. Svechnikov was bad in this tournament two years ago. Nolan Patrick didn't even make the team.

It's the guys who play on teams without alot of firepower up front that look great. Kakko, Hischier, the Czech trio...all those guys got top minutes at 17. I mean if you put Byfield on Germany, I bet he'd have put up the same if not better numbers than Stutzle did.

Everyone just needs to calm down and dial it back in regards to this being "do or die". He's a role player playing out of position on this team.

Anyone who has seen Byfield play this year knows hes one of the best players in the CHL. Since he left, the Wolves are 0-6.

Just want to correct something. Hughes was hurt last year. He still managed to put up a ppg while hurt.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Foote won't be suspended, will he? I know the IIHF can be very draconian at times.

Nice win by the boys, would love to win it after all the talk we heard in the summer about how great the UNTDP is.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Missed the game...

I am shocked this hit got Foote kicked:

Clean hit. Stupid play by the Slovak. It’s like blocking a shot with your face and blaming the shooter. Stupid.

I hope Canada wins gold and Foote gets the winning goal and dedicates his medal sarcastically to the “braintrust at the IIHF.”

Reactions: Oddbob

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
canada always is dirty

What a dumb comment! Fantastically clean hit, not even a penalty at all. Puck was there, he nailed the guy midsection and he got obliterated because it was a phenomenal hit by a big guy on a small guy who also chose to go in to that, in the dumbest way possible. IIHF is embarrassing with its rules!!!!!!!!

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
2+10 would've been fine, 5+20 is way too much for that

No 2+10 wouldn't have been fine! This was a perfect big booming hit, that only deserved kudos for Foote playing that to perfection. Kept his elbow in, and nailed him with his ass! It was only Slovakia, but with if this shit happens against US, Finland, Sweden or Russia?????

I do however think that Veleno should be lifetime banned from all hockey altogether though! Did you see him on the PP? He rifled a wrister into the goalies glove, that was clearly a deliberate attempt to chop a goalies hand off!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->