GDT: Quarter Final: Canada Vs Slovakia | 9AM EST 3PM CET | CAN 6 - 1 SVK

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
You know your hockey program is in pretty bad shape when that is the best thing you can take from a tournament.

I'd be pretty pissed myself, but that's just me.
I was just trying to lighten the mood. It has been long established and accepted by everyone that we have a very weak team this year and we are expecting better in the coming years. Especially the 2004 generation.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Keep Laffy,Veleno, Hayton and Cozens off the ice the rest of the game. sore losers.

Also I really think Drysdale has come along really well the last couple games. Limited time obvious;y and todays a blow out but ive notived him making good plays

Reactions: Dominance

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I was just trying to lighten the mood. It has been long established and accepted by everyone that we have a very weak team this year and we are expecting better in the coming years. Especially the 2004 generation.
All the best, hope so, would make the tournament even more interesting.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
I think Byfield has played as solid as I expect a 17 year old to play at this tourney. He’s not a liability when he’s on the ice and that’s really all I can ask for.

I mean, how often does a 17 year old really stand out and contribute? McDavid is the only one I can think of in the “modern” day and Bouwmeester, Spezza, and Ellis from the early-late 2000’s.

86Habs

May 4, 2009
Byfield ice time:

USA: 11:40
Russia: 12:56
Germany: 8:55
CZE: 11:26

They did not track TOI in 2013, but I would wager MacKinnon's ice time was similar to or more than that.

Again, there wasn't really anything that happened in the USA game other than game script to justify the drop in TOI, and no one individual could have been singled out for Russia.

I think people are reacting as if Byfield is playing 20 minutes a game.

MacKinnon would have played less minutes in 2013. He began the tournament as the 13th forward, then was eventually moved up to 4th line right wing. My notes show him playing with Anthony Camara and Mark McNeill. So, think Mercer level minutes.

Drouin, who was also draft eligible (and MacKinnon's linemate in Halifax) worked his way up to the top line in 2013 with Nugent-Hopkins and Strome/Scheifele. Obviously their respective draft status wasn't impacted as MacKinnon still went 1st overall.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Alright game for Canada, I'd like to see Drysdale cut into Bernard-Docker's minutes. I don't really trust the defence but that's not going to change at this point. Lafreniere's stickhandling, passing, and physicality were nice additions.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Alright game for Canada, I'd like to see Drysdale cut into Bernard-Docker's minutes. I don't really trust the defence but that's not going to change at this point. Lafreniere's stickhandling, passing, and physicality were nice additions.
Defense is not good, Canada has had trouble when teams bring speed at them. They better hope for USA instead of Russia.

Smith-Bernard-Docker
Byram-Addison
McIsaac-Drysdale
Bahl

wacko2

Dec 28, 2019
various
Have we changed the words to our anthem recently or is it now officially non offensive to all people and things?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad