TV: Quarry

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I've also been watching, great first 3 episodes.

Cinemax definitely knows what they're doing in the original programming department these days.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
looks dark as ****. Can't bring myself to watch it although the previews always look super intense and intriguing. Maybe a bit like Banshee, but not as outrageous.I have a limit to the type of suspense and horror I can tolerate watching, even if the story and quality is considered good.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Another great Cinemax show

They just can't go wrong lately

Strike back, banshee, outcast and. Ow quarry.

Last edited:

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Another great episode on Friday. I hope the show will be renewed beyond the next 4 episodes.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
I don't know if anyone has been watching this but its really really good. The show is such a slow burn and everything about it is meticulously crafted.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I don't know if anyone has been watching this but its really really good. The show is such a slow burn and everything about it is meticulously crafted.

It's been brilliant. They could have elected to make it more of run-and-gun action thriller, but the slow burn is so much more rewarding in this case, with the character mix and the unique setting.

I hope a season 2 renewal is coming soon.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
It's been brilliant. They could have elected to make it more of run-and-gun action thriller, but the slow burn is so much more rewarding in this case, with the character mix and the unique setting.

I hope a season 2 renewal is coming soon.

Same here, the soundtrack and setting is what drew me in. The scene of Quarry chasing down a dude in a car made it feel ultra-realistic. Also Quarry outside the pool, with Otis Redding playing and his gun on the turntable. ****, that was brilliant.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I watched the season finale last night and very much enjoyed it. The war scene in the fishing village was very well done. Even though the season seemed slow at times it still kept my interest and the episodes seemed to fly by. I enjoyed the entire season overall.

I hope they renew it for another season at least.

Edit: Just saw this article posted about last nights finale and how they filmed that massacre scene in the village. May contain spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the season yet. Great sequence.

How Cinemax's 'Quarry' pulled off the year's best-directed TV sequence
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...ulled-off-the-years-best-directed-tv-sequence

Last edited:

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Just finished it yesterday myself as well. Great way to end the first season!

It was definitely a change of pace when it comes to Cinemax shows. This slow burn is something you'd more so see on an HBO series I think.

That said, I'm really hoping they being it back for another season.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It was a really good finale. The war scene was very well done.

It's a pretty dark and gritty show so it might not appeal to the masses.

And **** that guy for stealing the money from the kid.

Also to Banshee fans, I found this little easter egg.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Nice find Tuggy :)!

Really hoping this show gets renewed for at least one more season! Cinemax is king in my books right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad