Quarantine Canteen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I'm making German red cabbage, Spaetzli, and Wiener Schnitzel (breaded veal scaloppini) for dinner tonight. We usually go to one of the restaurants in town for this occasion but I've been doing this dish myself for a good decade now. It's actually really simple. Just uber time consuming. I'll see if I can grab a go0d pic later. I'm expecting pics from you @yukoner88

Last edited:

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Sweet baby Jesus just bought bison steaks to throw on the BBQ later.

I love gods creatures

IMG_20210221_181431.jpg
IMG_20210221_180804.jpg

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
I'm making German red cabbage, Spaetzli, and Wiener Schnitzel (breaded veal scaloppini) for dinner tonight. We usually go to one of the restaurants in town for this occasion but I've been doing this dish myself for a good decade now. It's actually really simple. Just uber time consuming. I'll see if I can grab a go0d pic later. I'm expecting pics from you @yukoner88[/QUOTE
Edit: Pic above looks super super awesome!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Anyone have any experience with the Keto diet? I am in line for a new hip and am not getting around well these last few months, so I have to really watch what I eat. I am always leery of diets, as they tend to work short term, and then there is the big rebound effect, not to mention they might exclude foods that you require.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
Anyone have any experience with the Keto diet? I am in line for a new hip and am not getting around well these last few months, so I have to really watch what I eat. I am always leery of diets, as they tend to work short term, and then there is the big rebound effect, not to mention they might exclude foods that you require.
I did it for a year and dropped 50 pounds. I've been off of it for 15 months and have gained 20 pounds of that back but I'm pretty sure in a normal year I would have only gained 10 pounds or less back. I liked it and would do it again. If you're a sugar lover you may feel deprived, if you're more of a fat lover then you'll be in heaven.

Reactions: oilers'72

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I did it for a year and dropped 50 pounds. I've been off of it for 15 months and have gained 20 pounds of that back but I'm pretty sure in a normal year I would have only gained 10 pounds or less back. I liked it and would do it again. If you're a sugar lover you may feel deprived, if you're more of a fat lover then you'll be in heaven.
I'm a salt kind of guy.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Wowza! Those look awesome! Bet you get a nice little crisp on the skin with that glaze, which is just the bestest taste in the world!

Thank you again...oh man, yes they are!! I got the recipe out of a Weber grilling recipe book. I am more than happy to share it if you or anyone else is interested in making them. The recipe is originally for chicken thighs but the time to cook is nearly identical using drumsticks, which my two kids prefer. I had to crowd them a bit as I have to cook them over indirect heat for 30 minutes after having them over direct for the first 10 minutes.

And yes just a bit of a crisp then the honey glaze makes the skin all tacky and sticky at the same time. This is one main course worth the dishes lol.

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
Thank you again...oh man, yes they are!! I got the recipe out of a Weber grilling recipe book. I am more than happy to share it if you or anyone else is interested in making them. The recipe is originally for chicken thighs but the time to cook is nearly identical using drumsticks, which my two kids prefer. I had to crowd them a bit as I have to cook them over indirect heat for 30 minutes after having them over direct for the first 10 minutes.

And yes just a bit of a crisp then the honey glaze makes the skin all tacky and sticky at the same time. This is one main course worth the dishes lol.
They look great, would love the recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->