Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I also thought teachers were supposed to have perfect punctuation. :P

giphy.gif

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I'm an average cook but love food, so have tried a lot of places in Edmonton. One of the great things about Alberta and especially Edmonton is we have tons of amazing food.

Will try to make some food while we are stuck at home and try a few places I've been wanting to try if they're still open! I was going to order from Pip takeout, but I noticed all of Meat, Pip and Next Act shut it all down tonight.

Hopefully some places will stay open for takeout or delivery.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
I'm an average cook but love food, so have tried a lot of places in Edmonton. One of the great things about Alberta and especially Edmonton is we have tons of amazing food.

Will try to make some food while we are stuck at home and try a few places I've been wanting to try if they're still open! I was going to order from Pip takeout, but I noticed all of Meat, Pip and Next Act shut it all down tonight.

Hopefully some places will stay open for takeout or delivery.
Next act is the best burger in town,
Beercade does a really good smashburger style patty, thin n crispy. I cant remember the name but they have a 3 layer bacon and beef monster that is like a Wendy's baconator only it's actually good. Honorable mention to caffreys in the park for the creature. They're fries suck but 2 bucks upgrades you to a huge bowl of Greek salad .

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Next act is the best burger in town,
Beercade does a really good smashburger style patty, thin n crispy. I cant remember the name but they have a 3 layer bacon and beef monster that is like a Wendy's baconator only it's actually good. Honorable mention to caffreys in the park for the creature. They're fries suck but 2 bucks upgrades you to a huge bowl of Greek salad .
Agree on Next Act. I planned to try Fox Burgers but couldn't try it before the Corona hit. I did try Woodshed in February, was pretty good, tried both the fish and beef and my friend had fried chicken sandwich, solid but still prefer Next Act.

Reactions: oilers'72

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Agree on Next Act. I planned to try Fox Burgers but couldn't try it before the Corona hit. I did try Woodshed in February, was pretty good, tried both the fish and beef and my friend had fried chicken sandwich, solid but still prefer Next Act.
I was gonna try a greta burger for 5bucks, never got there. Oh and beercade does half price burgers wednesdays. Good value to go then.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
Anyone have any good recipes for dogs, cats or bats out there?;)

Cooking for dogs:
Pour one bowl of kibble, garnish liberally with head pats and assurances that they are a good boy/girl

Cooking for cats:
Pour one bowl of crunchies, flip off cat because they probably did something to deserve it today. Hope this means you can sleep another night without the cat eating your face.

Cooking for bats:
nCWSoSy.png

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Some tips to help fresh fruit and veggies keep longer.

The strawberry one is ridiculous. Lets go through all this trouble, search for vinegar, baking soda, measure it all out exactly, do a science experiment, spend 15mins cleaning the strawberries in the solution, then prepare a dish, place tissues in it, seal it and spend over 6mins watching this video that could be 30 secs long to save 8 strawberries from deterioration. I mean would anybody actually do this?

SOS

SaveOurStrawberries.

heres alternate solutions

-Eat the damn things before they spoil

-Go out to store and buy fresh ones which takes less time than watching this video or this procedure.

easy peasy.

Storing Celery? Um, stick it in the fridge. Stays fresh for a week or two, in packaging. Does this guys fridge even work? Does it have a "vegetable crisper"

Storing broccoli. Take several mason jars, stick it in fridge with water like flowers. each piece requiring a mason jar. Again who would actually do this.

Storing Cucumbers. Throw in fridge. So hard..

Onions Throw in dark room in basement, on newspaper. Last as long as until you use them.

Store carrots. put a bunch in a pickle jar with solution. Can use either water or the pickle juice (which you should always save once the pickles are gone. (Dill pickles) Voila, pickled carrots that last for months.

I just saved people from losing an hour watching silly videos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad