Quarantine Canteen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
BBQ Chicken Parmigiana with my wifes Pasta sauce from fresh picked tomatoes.

GNR1O8T.jpg

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Not familiar with this dish, where does it originate from? It looks delicious!

I’ve been experimenting with curries for the last couple years. Ordering takeout is just not a good value nowadays imo.

I buy packaged spices like these:
33C4D0D7-4C69-4A56-B6F4-13FAD53CC2EC.jpeg

The Tikka is amazing. Spice mix + lemon juice & oil. Then marinate the chicken.
The Quorma was super spicy. Spice mix + yogurt + ginger + garlic.
I used Swiss chard cause it’s in season and I love button mushrooms, so it’s kinda like a custom curry. And I love cilantro, the most polarizing herb of all time. The tomato offsets the spicy Quorma.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I’ve been experimenting with curries for the last couple years. Ordering takeout is just not a good value nowadays imo.

I buy packaged spices like these:
View attachment 365849

The Tikka is amazing. Spice mix + lemon juice & oil. Then marinate the chicken.
The Quorma was super spicy. Spice mix + yogurt + ginger + garlic.
I used Swiss chard cause it’s in season and I love button mushrooms, so it’s kinda like a custom curry. And I love cilantro, the most polarizing herb of all time. The tomato offsets the spicy Quorma.

I've tried the butter chicken and the haleem spice mixes from the brand on the left, they're both great. (The haleem in particular, especially if you like it spicy).

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
View attachment 366418 Pulled Pork sandwich. I smoke the pork shoulder for 6-7 hours, then Sous Vide for 24, then under the broiler for 15 minutes to get the bark. Super juicy. Has a homemade spicy mustard and some bbq rum sauce.

I think it's unanimous...you are the inaugural Quaranteen Canteen 1st place winner!!

I can't get you a real trophy, so this will have to do.

BBQ11-004-1.jpg

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
I think it's unanimous...you are the inaugural Quaranteen Canteen 1st place winner!!

I can't get you a real trophy, so this will have to do.

BBQ11-004-1.jpg
Haha, it’s an honour but we’re all winners. Thanks for all your patience in putting up with my posts. Cooking is therapy for me and this is part of my support group, so thank you all for allowing me to share with you my escape and my passion. Things are ramping up stress wise so expect a lot more posts in the coming weeks!

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Haha, it’s an honour but we’re all winners. Thanks for all your patience in putting up with my posts. Cooking is therapy for me and this is part of my support group, so thank you all for allowing me to share with you my escape and my passion. Things are ramping up stress wise so expect a lot more posts in the coming weeks!

Looking forward to your therapy. I love food. Love looking at it and I'm good at eating it.

I've had people come up n tell me I look like someone who knows where to find a good cheeseburger

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Patience? I'm impatiently awaiting the next photo and the description of what you made :laugh:. The stuff you have posted (along with several others through the months) looks absolutely amazing and are works of art. You can see the care in the prep and presentation you take in each photo.

Looking forward to your therapy. I love food. Love looking at it and I'm good at eating it.

I've had people come up n tell me I look like someone who knows where to find a good cheeseburger

:laugh:

Reactions: oilers'72

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

I had a look at some of the burgers at Fox Burgers and they look pretty juicy. Heart attack on a plate!

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Have a quick night at home before a run around the continent that will take 2 weeks or so. Beautiful day out this afternoon so I fired up the grill.

Sliced up some chicken breasts and seasoned them with tex Mex, Cajun, and Montreal steak pepper. Used it to kinda have chicken burgers.

Used another sauce I bought in Wyoming months ago, it turned out really good

IMG_20200910_1907349.jpg
IMG_20200910_1908489.jpg

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Fun Fact: Ginger Beef was created in Alberta.

I still remember the first time that I had Chinese food in small town Alberta, I was warned that it would be very different than what I am used to here and boy was it ever! I'll be having some Char Siu on the weekend, love it and really good Kau Yuk, however I haven't found any good seasonings for Kau Yuk yet.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I still remember the first time that I had Chinese food in small town Alberta, I was warned that it would be very different than what I am used to here and boy was it ever! I'll be having some Char Siu on the weekend, love it and really good Kau Yuk, however I haven't found any good seasonings for Kau Yuk yet.

Different in a good or bad way?

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->