Quality of QMJHL streaming

mnt

Aug 4, 2014
I subscribed for a package of the official qmjhl streaming site. Most of the time the streaming quality is quite poor. But what really annoys me, is how the cameramen record the games. They constantly zoom in and out and move the camera way too fast. Last weekend I wanted to watch both Wildcats - Eagles games. I abandoned after 5 minutes. It was just impossible to watch. Following the game was hopeless. Anybody else with similar experience? Anything one can do about it?

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
Ahhhh, unfortunately I have had the same issues in the past. I would certainly watch more Moose games on the road if the feed wasn't so choppy/could follow the play/well trained camera men.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Yeah its unfortunate how bad the stream qualities are.. the league has tons of fans who would pay for a broadcast if the stream was even average.. unfortunately its just crap..

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
The Wildcats definitely have the worst of the bunch. Not necessarily camera quality but like you mentioned, the zooming and stuff is AWFUL and causes dizzyness.

mnt

Aug 4, 2014
I've had enough. Sherbrooke's a total disaster from a camera point of view. The guys behind the camera have no idea about the game.

Last edited:

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
The Wildcats definitely have the worst of the bunch. Not necessarily camera quality but like you mentioned, the zooming and stuff is AWFUL and causes dizzyness.

I watched a wildcats game online like a week or more ago.. I had to listen to one of the guys take a phone call because they forgot to turn off their mics... its embarrassing

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
I watched a wildcats game online like a week or more ago.. I had to listen to one of the guys take a phone call because they forgot to turn off their mics... its embarrassing

They do this all the time with the Mooseheads as well, at least use to. You could often hear John Moore commenting who was playing well, who wasn't, what needs to change, etc.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
They do this all the time with the Mooseheads as well, at least use to. You could often hear John Moore commenting who was playing well, who wasn't, what needs to change, etc.

Watching theres tonight.. Game hasnt even started yet and already annoyed with their broadcast.. playing ads as the intro video plays. Never shuts off the mics. Its awful..

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Believe it or not the quality from the Q is better than the OHL, WHL and definitely the AHL. I agree that the Martimes generally have the worst feeds. There's no excuse why Halifax's feed is so bad, they could afford to upgrade there. In the WHL and OHL there are certain teams who have feeds that are completely unwatchable, like you can only pick out players by their style of play if you know it, it's that bad. Yes, some of the amature camera operation is annoying but the ads and crowd shots are so much worse in the AHL. All in all its a system that works for people who otherwise wouldn't be able to watch these teams.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada

That's not a Wildcats thing. That happens Canada wide depending on how their feed is set up(I.E not the Rogers or Cogeco games, only when using the radio feed)

Believe it or not the quality from the Q is better than the OHL, WHL and definitely the AHL. I agree that the Martimes generally have the worst feeds. There's no excuse why Halifax's feed is so bad, they could afford to upgrade there. In the WHL and OHL there are certain teams who have feeds that are completely unwatchable, like you can only pick out players by their style of play if you know it, it's that bad. Yes, some of the amature camera operation is annoying but the ads and crowd shots are so much worse in the AHL. All in all its a system that works for people who otherwise wouldn't be able to watch these teams.

OHL is great I find because most of there feeds are actual TV feeds.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
I watch the Huskies games on an android box and the feed is actually very good but its another story for the local commentator.

jboyz

Jun 30, 2010
I watch the Huskies games on an android box and the feed is actually very good but its another story for the local commentator.

What repository do you use? I use Phoenix but the stream quality is terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->