Quality camera.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Looking to get a decent camera for under 300. A simple one that can take pictures rather quick and good quality.

I've found some on Amazon.ca thar are highly rated, but a few have complained about quality. Is that on the camera, maybe that one being defective, the person, or the others were easily amused ?

Also, do cameras have a lot of built in memory, or do you need a memory card for them still ? Last camera I bought was about 10 years ago and it could hold 400 pictures. I assume that's still the norm?

Thanks.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Looking to get a decent camera for under 300. A simple one that can take pictures rather quick and good quality.

I've found some on Amazon.ca thar are highly rated, but a few have complained about quality. Is that on the camera, maybe that one being defective, the person, or the others were easily amused ?

Also, do cameras have a lot of built in memory, or do you need a memory card for them still ? Last camera I bought was about 10 years ago and it could hold 400 pictures. I assume that's still the norm?

Thanks.

My recommendation would be to try and find a Sony a6000 or a5100 used in that price range. Very good quality photos, speed, tech and decent video capabilities. They are a mirrorless camera. They usually come with a kit lens but as your skills grow you always have the option to purchase new lenses to increase your creativity.

I have not run across a camera that has internal memory (some may hold a few test photos but that is it). You always require a memory card.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I would suggest to consider the lens mount carefully and picking the right camera accordingly, whether it is then Sony E-mount or Micro 4/3 or something else. Usually lenses tend to last longer than digital bodies, so they may dictate future purchases as well. Not to mention the selection of lenses available now or in the future varies quite a lot.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'll also recommend looking for a used Sony a6000. They've been making them long enough that there's plenty of them around at a relatively affordable clip...tons of lens options, too.

SD memory is the standard and is dirt cheap now.

There aren't a ton of reasons to suggest a point & shoot camera unless the camera on your phone is completely useless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->