Post-Game Talk: Qualifying Round Game 1: Caps vs Bolts | Mon, 8/3 | 4p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Its good to see that the GDT meltdowns are in mid season form. I saw nothing to worry about. I think overall they seemed solid. Holtby was in charge. Ov was fully present. Jensen and Dillon looked solid. Kuzy was Kuzy including not getting a shot in the shootout. I admit that I thought Carlson was invisible but thats my only real complaint

Last edited:

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
I don't see us beating Philly but I do see us beating Boston making us 1-1-1.

Chances are that we'll either be the second or third seed after these games.

Second seed plays against the winner of Islanders-Panthers and third seed plays against winner of Hurricanes-Rangers.

I'm leaning towards another Carolina matchup.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Honestly, its kind of frustrating watching all these games that are do-or-die with everything on the line, and then finally getting to watch our Caps play what pretty much is a glorified exhibition game.

I'm craving some excitement, that bottom-of-the-stomach uneasiness of not knowing what will happen in knock out or be knocked out games.

I guess its good for these round robins because we probably aren't close to ready yet. It just feels like its taking forever.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.

Second seed plays against the winner of Islanders-Panthers and third seed plays against winner of Hurricanes-Rangers.

God I don’t want to play Carolina again.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

I think Philly in a best of 7 series is advantage Caps. I would much prefer Holtby to Hart. I like Carlson over Provorov.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Shaky start but that was a solid final half to the game. Team defense was in general pretty good and while I disliked SO Kuzy I liked regulation and OT Kuzy. Ovechkin was a bit off but he’s the one player I will never worry about when the games matter.

The 4-9 pairing was once again fantastic. Feed them the hard ES minutes and let Carlson get the softer minutes when he comes back.

Empty Goal Net

Tank Brigadier
Feb 13, 2010
So after 1 game its:
Philly 2 points
Tampa 2 points
Caps 1 point
Bruins 0 points
Beat the Broons in regulation and worst Caps can finish is 3rd. Of course, that's the final match so it'll be easier on 'em if they beat the Flyers in regulation on Wednesday.

Aren't the teams re-seeded after the play-in series are completed? At least, that's what I had read at an earlier stage of this process.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Ok Kuzy was playing with a new Bauer blade with a hole in the middle of it on shitty ice in August.

I don’t see him fumbling the puck a big deal.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Nick Backstrom's passes were off all game. I've definitely never typed that before. Hopefully just rust.

Hagelin had the best game for the Caps I thought.

I like Panik as a 4th liner.

Vrana was bad. At one point he passed to Kovalchuk and Kovalchuk was ready to run a give and go but Vrana was coasting after his pass.

Caps tightened up after giving up some quality chances early.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Eh, they got to OT against the best on-paper team in the league on a night when Ovie was quiet. That's fine.

It's a bummer that the SO is a determining factor here.

It's also a little aggravating watching them lose in the SO when their first three shooters are Oshie, Kuzy and Backstrom. That should be a killer SO lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->