News: Qualifying Offers Thread/Discussion

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Think the Oilers will give Duclair a shot.

I saw potential in Phillips, also thought Morrow was an amazing pick-up for the Jets. I hope he gets another shot and becomes one of their best players for a long time.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Compiled a list of semi-interesting players who were not qualified:

Robin Lehner
Tomas Jurco
Peter Mrazek
Anthony Duclair
Dylan DeMelo
Tobias Reider
Riley Sheahan
Emile Poirier
Derrick Pouliot
Devante Smith Pelley
Alan Quine
Shane Prince
Daniel Carr
Logan Shaw
Tomas Kuhnackl
Nick Shore
Justin Auger
Jordan Subban
Joe Morrow
Freddy Claesson
Nail Yakupov
Duncan Siemens

Feel free to respond with names I've missed and I'll add them
I think Michael Mersch is a bigger name than Auger.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Linus Hulstrom (FLA), Viktor Loov (MIN), Markus Eisenschmid (MTL), Christoph Berstchy (NJ), Ville Pokka (OTT), Lukas Bengtsson (PIT), Kristers Gudlveskis (NYI), not listed in OP. Does that mean they were not qualified?

Last edited:

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Linus Hulstrom (FLA), Viktor Loov (MIN), Markus Eisenschmid (MTL), Christoph Berstchy (NJ), Ville Pokka (OTT), Lukas Bengtsson (PIT), Kristers Gudlveskis (NYI), not listed in OP. Does that mean they were not qualified?
Hultseom was not qualified
Bertschy was qualified

Dunno about the rest except that I Gudlevskis was an UFA not RFA.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal

I know Eisenschmid is going back to Europe to play in the DEL if I am not mistaken.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Not sure who this guy is, but all the earlier QO tweets were correct and I haven't seen anyone else supply this info, so here's two more (possible?) lists of QOs

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Bummed that they didn't qualify Carr, he's an NHL player for sure and good depth for any team. The rest I don't really care about.
The story I read on Carr on Twitter is that he has a fairly lucrative offer on the table from a KHL team and Montreal wasn't going to top it, so they cut ties. He'll see what is out there on the 1st, but head to the KHL if he doesn't get a better offer.

Reactions: uncleben

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
The story I read on Carr on Twitter is that he has a fairly lucrative offer on the table from a KHL team and Montreal wasn't going to top it, so they cut ties. He'll see what is out there on the 1st, but head to the KHL if he doesn't get a better offer.

Just read about it in the Habs board, it makes more sense to me now. Always liked the guy, good luck for him in there.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Goalie development gon' goalie development.
He just never was able to solidly grasp a good technique and maintained his tendency to scramble. Works for some goalies, doesn't for him.

On another note, if any team is looking for a high-energy, depth scoring winger, call up Daniel Carr. No idea why he wasn't qualified by MTL, outside of maybe too many 3rd liners in the system.

EDIT: Just read the note about the KHL deal, that makes much more sense.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Local boy who has had success with player we just traded for in the past. Obvious one year deal for the Habs.

I'm not so sure. Duclair's name has been linked to the Habs a lot over the past few years, and the organization always seemed lukewarm at best to the idea of bringing him in. At this point, if I'm in Bergevin's shoes, Domi would have to convince me how good of a fit he would be. I'd rather give that playing time to Scherbak if he fails to do so.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I'm not so sure. Duclair's name has been linked to the Habs a lot over the past few years, and the organization always seemed lukewarm at best to the idea of bringing him in. At this point, if I'm in Bergevin's shoes, Domi would have to convince me how good of a fit he would be. I'd rather give that playing time to Scherbak if he fails to do so.

Not sure if it's really worth it. We already have Pacioretty, Domi, Byron, Gallagher, Lehkonen, Hudon, Scherbak, Deslauriers.
Maybe if Pacioretty leaves an we don't get a winger in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad