Qualifying Offer

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Please submit your Qualifying Offer to Richie or Mickey using the following format:

Player Name:
Player Age:
Last HFNHL Salary:
Qualifying Offer:
NHL Salary:

Please note that any players making less than $1M are entitle to 10% raise. The deadline to submit offer is midnight June 30th, 2011.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Again, that deadline should probably be a couple of days early so that there's time to assemble the final list prior to the start of free agency.

I have already assembled the final list. I think it would be only fair if we gave GM enough time to put in an offer before July 1st as many contract in the NHL are signed few minutes before NHL free agency.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I have already assembled the final list. I think it would be only fair if we gave GM enough time to put in an offer before July 1st as many contract in the NHL are signed few minutes before NHL free agency.

... But July 1st is the deadline for us to submit our offers for FA round 1, is it not? We can't do that if the list is not published until that night...

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
... But July 1st is the deadline for us to submit our offers for FA round 1, is it not? We can't do that if the list is not published until that night...

I would really hope we'd be able to send offers in before July 1st at the latest. Either that or sometime shortly after July 4th with it being a holiday weekend. I assume a lot of GMs will be away.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
I would really hope we'd be able to send offers in before July 1st at the latest. Either that or sometime shortly after July 4th with it being a holiday weekend. I assume a lot of GMs will be away.

I believe we started FA after July 1st last year. If majority of GM are okay to move the deadline back than I am fine with it. I guess the Admin team can decide on the date.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
I believe we started FA after July 1st last year. If majority of GM are okay to move the deadline back than I am fine with it. I guess the Admin team can decide on the date.

I'd be ok with the start of offers being the 1st, but if we only get the weekend to submit offers, I guess there will be no free agency for NYR this year. I wouldn't think I'm the only one that goes away for July 1st/4th weekend, but maybe I am?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I'd be ok with the start of offers being the 1st, but if we only get the weekend to submit offers, I guess there will be no free agency for NYR this year. I wouldn't think I'm the only one that goes away for July 1st/4th weekend, but maybe I am?

Ideally the timing would be such that you could review the list and submit your offers before you leave for the weekend, which is why I suggested the deadline for QOs be earlier.

I know I'm going away... but then I'm also unlikely to be very busy in free agency, so it may not matter as much for me.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
how do i find out how much my players made last season, the roster files says $0 for salary?

i guess i didnt update my own file as well as i thought i did!

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Just my two cents but the majority of us are on long weekends over the 1st and 4th and most likely won't care to be near a computer. We should go either the 29th or the 7th for free agency to begin.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
With the Independence/Canada Day holidays intervening, there's little point in rushing the start of free agency. First round offers should probably be due in no sooner than the 8th or so.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
With the Independence/Canada Day holidays intervening, there's little point in rushing the start of free agency. First round offers should probably be due in no sooner than the 8th or so.

The only reason to perhaps set the deadline earlier is that following July 1st, many FAs in the NHL will be finding homes, which makes them more known quantities. It's not as much of an issue as it is for the entry draft, but it's always interesting to see how our offers and interest levels lone up against the NHL's. (Recognizing that the overlap in FAs between the HFNHL and NHL are not 100%).

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The only reason to perhaps set the deadline earlier is that following July 1st, many FAs in the NHL will be finding homes, which makes them more known quantities. It's not as much of an issue as it is for the entry draft, but it's always interesting to see how our offers and interest levels lone up against the NHL's. (Recognizing that the overlap in FAs between the HFNHL and NHL are not 100%).

It's never been that big of a deal before. Once a player hits UFA status, their NHL contract (even a new one) is no longer relevant - it is the nest offer HFNHL GM's make. Sure, there might be a few NHL UFA's who also happen to be HFNHL UFA's, who will sign offers with teams on July 1 that give everyone some insight on their value (and more importantly, who they will be playing with), but the same information will be there for everyone. It has never been that big a deal though, because there really is never that much overlap in UFA's form the NHL to HFNHL. And even when there is, it's not like the HFNHL offers mirror the NHL ones. NHL GM's are a lot more fiscally responsible. :naughty:

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Gentlemen,

This is a reminder that all Qualifying Offers are due in to Richie and Mickey Swingstein by midnight EST on June 30th!

Please submit your Qualifying Offers using the following format:

Player Name:
Player Age:
Last HFNHL Salary:
Qualifying Offer:
NHL Salary:

Note - any players making less than, or equal to, $1M are entitled to 10% raise. Any players NOT receiving QOs will become unrestricted free agents!

-Da Commish

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Can you guys post a list of teams that have or have not sent in lists when you get a chance? That way we can avoid the problem teams had with sending the draft lists to a broken e-mail.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->