Confirmed with Link: Quaider dealt to Rangers for Kampfer and a 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Am I the only one that likes this? McQuaid was a good character guy, but he's a borderline NHLer and the 8th best D-man on the team, making $2.75 million and being one of the most injury-prone players in the league. Saving over $2 million in cap space could be huge for flexibility. Thought this should have happened a while ago after K. Miller emerged as the better player.

It only makes sense if they use the cap space. Otherwise this makes no sense to move him for that return.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Unless this is a move to dump salary for another trade the bruins have lined up, this trade makes no sense. Really questioning Sweeney’s trades during his bruins tenure.
112 point season and you question his tenure, McQuaid is 7/8 depth on this roster, you need to look just a bit deeper for your answers. I love McQuaid, never wanted him to ever leave, but business is business and this is the right move, 2m for a press box player is not how you manage a cap. Sweeney make tough decisions and usually gets them right, happy to have him running the show.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
112 point season and you question his tenure, McQuaid is 7/8 depth on this roster, you need to look just a bit deeper for your answers. I love McQuaid, never wanted him to ever leave, but business is business and this is the right move, 2m for a press box player is not how you manage a cap. Sweeney make tough decisions and usually gets them right, happy to have him running the show.

Again, did the regular season start? We are one injury away from having Kampfer, Zboril or Moore on his offside playing RHD. I'll pass.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Only makes sense if we use that money though.

Like @Dellstrom mentioned earlier, this stinks like a poor man’s Boychuk trade. If this is a deal made in hopes of maybe making another down the line, that “next deal” isn’t going to happen. Or if it does, it’ll likely be too little/late.

It's nothing like the Boychuk trade. Boychuk was our #2 dman and there was no one else to take his minutes. McQuaid is #7 or #8 and there are 3 other RDs right now that are ahead of him.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I mean if he wanted to be moved then I'm ok with it.

I suspect that you are probably right and that he asked out and they did this before camp to avoid a Boychuck situation.

Again, it sucks, love him and I'm ok with the picks. I don't like Kampfer.

I wanted them to keep McQuaid here and finish out his contract. Kampfer I don't know enough about but know I'd prefer McQuaid.

We'll see what comes of the rational. I'm just speculating. If he wanted to go somewhere where he had a better opportunity to play everyday then good on Sweeney for accommodating him.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Again, did the regular season start? We are one injury away from having Kampfer, Zboril or Moore on his offside playing RHD. I'll pass.

I actually think Connor Clifton is a guy that might get some games on the right side this year if they have injuries.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
It's nothing like the Boychuk trade. Boychuk was our #2 dman and there was no one else to take his minutes. McQuaid is #7 or #8 and there are 3 other RDs right now that are ahead of him.
It could be a lot like Boychuk.

Trade a fan favourite for cap space and no plan to use it.

Trades are hard.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Sweeney’s drafting has been great but his trades have been absolutely miserable since the lucic deal and that was like 3 offseasons ago.

Name his last good trade.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Well it explains why my brother saw Neely with Mcquaid this morning at Warrior.

Indifferent about the trade, but I do feel they lose some character and toughness. Sweeney might be going a little overboard with small and fast.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Duffy04

Sep 29, 2017
Does this mean Zboril might get a better chance of getting called up? I ask out of ignorance.

I really don't want to see Kampfer on the ice in a Boston game.

It's possible, but Quaid played the right side and Zboril is usually on the left. I think this just shuffles the bodies in the press box a little bit, not so much the guys projected to be on the ice.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
If Adam wanted to play and start elsewhere, i'm ok with it. I just don't get why Kampfer. The man's 29, hasn't even managed 200 games in the NHL.

Was there literally no one else they could've gotten for this? Quaider had a lot more NHL games under his belt. Has Stanley Cup experience. Tough PK'er, hard worker. His only problem is he's a slow skater in a faster league.

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
Not happy! Good Luck Quaider. :pout:

PossibleGlossyBrownbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Great move. McQuaid's time was up here, he was going to be paid 2.75 M to be the 8th dman this season.

Bury Kampfer in Providence and Boston will have 5.6 M in cap space. Plenty of room to add an asset this season. Maybe Nash is considering a return?

Reactions: Estlin

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
If Adam wanted to play and start elsewhere, i'm ok with it. I just don't get why Kampfer. The man's 29, hasn't even managed 200 games in the NHL.

Was there literally no one else they could've gotten for this? Quaider had a lot more NHL games under his belt. Has Stanley Cup experience. Tough PK'er, hard worker. His only problem is he's a slow skater in a faster league.

It could be that the Rangers needed to move a contract to make the deal. Kampfer sucks but hopefully he never sees the ice.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
You are not even close, an injury away, really. Chara, Moore, McAvoy, Grizz, Carlo, Miller, Krug, spot gor Zbrol for a little time if needed, depth is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->