GDT: quack at kong seven thirty post meridiem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I didn't get to watch much of the game last night, did they stick to the Montour/Lindholm and fowler/manson pairings... and did it look like something they may consider keeping around for a bit.... because I think that would bring out the best of all 4 players over time.

They pretty much stuck with them all game except when Lindholm missed time late in the second and then the last 5 mins of the third where the pairings were all over the place.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I'm so happy that they created the pairings that way. While I still love Hampus + Josh I believe that Hampus and Monty are made for each other.

Reactions: Vipers31
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I'm so happy that they created the pairings that way. While I still love Hampus + Josh I believe that Hampus and Monty are made for each other.
Manson had an interesting quote in the register, essentially saying that yeah, he and Hampus are great together, but Cam got off to a great start the last time Manson was paired with him, too.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
oh man, this game had me real excited. I wasn't too amped about this year from the first two games against the sharks, but I think it'll be a better game Wednesday with a full roster.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Team played well. I thought Pettersson had a bad game personally. Rowney's deal still stuns me when I watch him play. He doesn't even look that great on the PK to me.

Steel's goal was awesome, but he still looks like he needs time in the AHL to me.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Its usually a bit easier for wingers to break in, terry should get a big opportunity playing with Getz/Rakell. Not sure how they plan to do lines 2 and 3... but hopefully they put Kase on 1 of his wings... kase is a guy that will win puck battles and can control the game a bit from the wing. I think Steel will be fine... but I think terry has the easier/better opportunity playing with the 2 best players on the team. I still wouldn't mind seeing

Comtois Getzlaf Terry
Rakell Steel Silfverberg(or kase)
Cogs Henrique Kase(or silf)

If we don't see...

Rakell - Gets - ____
____ - Rico - Kase

I'll be pretty surprised if those pairs are not together. They were clearly the strongest thing we had in each game they played together.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If we don't see...

Rakell - Gets - ____
____ - Rico - Kase

I'll be pretty surprised if those pairs are not together. They were clearly the strongest thing we had in each game they played together.
I feel like because we have to play a rookie center(young), well need to protect them more.... so I cant see us playing Steel without 1 of Kase/Rakell aside him. While Cogs/Silf are great... I don't think it would be wise for Steels development to put him with them 2.

We want/need him to be a top 6 center... so give him some top 6 wingers and see how he does.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Team played well. I thought Pettersson had a bad game personally. Rowney's deal still stuns me when I watch him play. He doesn't even look that great on the PK to me.

Steel's goal was awesome, but he still looks like he needs time in the AHL to me.

Steel and Terry both look like they need AHL time to me. The other three young guys have been far more impressive.

Reactions: Duck Off

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I feel like because we have to play a rookie center(young), well need to protect them more.... so I cant see us playing Steel without 1 of Kase/Rakell aside him. While Cogs/Silf are great... I don't think it would be wise for Steels development to put him with them 2.

We want/need him to be a top 6 center... so give him some top 6 wingers and see how he does.

I don't know, I mean Steel on the third line with two great defensive wingers playing against other NHL 3rd lines seems about as sheltered a role as he should be in. I agree that Cogs and Silfv aren't the most skilled wingers, but their intangibles should wear off on Steel, and they can "protect" him with their defensive prowess.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
If we don't see...

Rakell - Gets - ____
____ - Rico - Kase

getz and Raks I agree but Kase and Rico didnt seem like great chemistry, more like two good players playing together. Kesler Cogs and Silf when everyone is healthy is great chemistry. Not saying Rico and Kase is bad, just saying you dont need to keep th together. Rico is very versatile. He can play a defensive or offensive role. I'd rather see Steel with Kase and maybe even Silf so he has some playmakers around him. If you put Steel with Cogs and a grinder then you completely wasted his strengths.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I don't know, I mean Steel on the third line with two great defensive wingers playing against other NHL 3rd lines seems about as sheltered a role as he should be in. I agree that Cogs and Silfv aren't the most skilled wingers, but their intangibles should wear off on Steel, and they can "protect" him with their defensive prowess.
Not a big fan of Cogs with Dteel. You want a guy that can create in the offensive zone and Cogs only offense is in transition. Silf would be good. Kase would be great. Rakell would be phenomenal but that ain't happening. Maybe Terry.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Rakell - Getz- Terry
Comtois- Henrique- Silf/Kase
Cogliano- Steel-Silf/Kase
Gibb/whoever-Lundst-Sherwood

This is the best way it could shake out. I really want Steel to be with people who can win board battles and show him how to be an effective hustler at the nhl level. The only catch is they need to also be able to partly carry the load offensively and have a bit of finish. I believe Silf would be best on his wing because he can do both fairly well. Ill also add that every day I daydream that if cogliano had any hands or a good shot hed be an amazing second liner and be perfect for any of our rookies.

Reactions: kroypuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad