GAndrew MacLeod7819-
GFelix-Anthony Ethier76182019
[TBODY]

[/TBODY]

Last edited:

MichelTheWonderful

Dec 14, 2015
Gatineau
Great read here. I do think baie-comeau getting groulx (wich us their plan) would be very good. Had some very good times in gatineau midget AAA with Joly. Im also interested to see what joly can provide next year. For the last 2 year he grew, now its time that he puts some weight on, the guy could be a very good player. He is a good player, not as skillsy as is brother, but he has a larger set of skills in my opinion

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
The Titan just got eliminated; so I will include them in this thread in preview of the up coming draft.

Firstly they got some base to start with which a big change from the past:

In goals;
Reilly pickard, probably one of the best 17 YO goalie in the CHL
Tanner Somers: that is maybe a position which could need an upgrade, maybe a midget pick next June.

On defense:
Guillaume Brisebois(19)------- #1
Nicholas Dumulong(20) ------- #4
Jake Barter(19)---------------- #6-7
Felix Potvin(18)---------------- #5
Elijah Francis(18)-------------- #3
Francis Thibeault(19)---------- #6
Maxime Gravel(17) ------------ ??

The Titan will be missing a #2 guy IMO.

On forward:
Boivin(20)-Morand(17)-Kuznetsov(18)
Viel(19)-Maher(18)-Miromanov(19)
EUro(17-18)-Aucoin(19)-L'Italien(18)
Theede(19)-Rafuse(17)-*1st pick(5th overall)

Comming from midget:
*WIlliam Lemay-Champagne(17)
*Keegan Gauthier(17)
*Kienan Berger(17)
I would probably trade Nicholas Blanchard for another OA on defense.

It should be an interesting draft for the Titan:
1-3-4-4STJ-5SHE-6-6CB-7CHI-9-10-11-11VIC-12-13-14

I don't really know what they will do of these picks but my guess is some will be used to bring in players at the draft(impact defenseman).

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
I don't really think it is fair or accurate to say that Cooper Jones was a letdown for the Mooseheads this year. The kid is a 9th round pick and had to make an adjustment to the Q this year while playing on a team which had a very young defence.

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
Good read - have to agree Nauss will be traded, also it will stretch for Gauthier or Berger to really establish themselves in the Titan lineup.

Bathurst picking 5th overall may be a curse - currently that might project to be Andrew Coxhead or Anderson Macdonald depending on who you ask and neither may be going the Q route.

gumby and pokey

Nov 20, 2013
PEI/PQ
Good read - have to agree Nauss will be traded, also it will stretch for Gauthier or Berger to really establish themselves in the Titan lineup.

Bathurst picking 5th overall may be a curse - currently that might project to be Andrew Coxhead or Anderson Macdonald depending on who you ask and neither may be going the Q route.

MacDonald is definitely going Q route. I hope he goes to the team which drafts him, no matter where they are and doesn't pull the entitlement card.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
Interesting that you have Chainey ranked the same in skill wise to Ford. I love Ford, but really feel Chainey will be a stud/#1 on the backend while Ford is more of #2 guy (Trevor Lewis, Austyn Hardie type).

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Can you describe what goes into your 'Skills' ranking

It is kind of a ''overall rating'' like you could find in an EASports hockey game. It is out of 10.

It is mostly a way for people who dont follow the Q to get a grip on who are the top players for each team. I give high ratings (8-9-10) to players who have proven that they can play well in this league and will likely dominate next season. 1st-line talent or thereabout.

Medium ratings (5-6-7) go to players who are more likely to play 2nd or 3rd line. Those are the guys most tough to rate because in juniors often those kind of players will fall off the map completely from one year to another or get a big jump in their play. Or just stay as is. So you never know.

(3-4) are players who have played mostly 3rd or 4th line so far but could have big jump. They have potential but havnt produced enough or played well enough yet to warrant a higher rating.

(1-2) are players who have barely played, mostly young guys. Or just players that are not very good

It is all my opinion and if you guys wanna share your thoughts on my rankings/ratings, please do! I will modify the list if need be.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Interesting that you have Chainey ranked the same in skill wise to Ford. I love Ford, but really feel Chainey will be a stud/#1 on the backend while Ford is more of #2 guy (Trevor Lewis, Austyn Hardie type).

Chainey hasnt proven enough yet (only 1 season) so it is hard to put him any higher than a 7. It would put him in elite territory which he isnt yet. Of course with a great year in 2016-17 he will definitely jump over Ford.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Updated with Gatineau

It has been reported that Alexandre Alain will be moving on to Blainville next year

Last edited:

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
I have some disagreement with the Halifax depth chart, but, overall it's not too bad. For me it's

Fortier
Somppi
Sorrentino
Durandeau
Bishop
Shewfelt
Moynihan
Putintsev
Dachyshyn
Watt
Blain

A cliff
A trainwreck at the bottom of the cliff
Molten core of the earth

Crossley

-----
Ford
Chainey
Taillefer
Flower
Nauss
Jones
Lepage
Chalebois

(but a lot of that is pretty close and subjective)

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
Chainey hasnt proven enough yet (only 1 season) so it is hard to put him any higher than a 7. It would put him in elite territory which he isnt yet. Of course with a great year in 2016-17 he will definitely jump over Ford.

Fair enough. I do realize now that I was looking at as current talent vs future talent. Thanks for posting this. Always love other people's perspective.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I have some disagreement with the Halifax depth chart, but, overall it's not too bad. For me it's

Fortier
Somppi
Sorrentino
Durandeau
Bishop
Shewfelt
Moynihan
Putintsev
Dachyshyn
Watt
Blain

A cliff
A trainwreck at the bottom of the cliff
Molten core of the earth

Crossley

-----
Ford
Chainey
Taillefer
Flower
Nauss
Jones
Lepage
Chalebois

(but a lot of that is pretty close and subjective)

Thanks. I have modified the list a little bit to reflect your opinion. Is Crossley really that bad? hahaha

Also added Cape Breton.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Thanks. I have modified the list a little bit to reflect your opinion. Is Crossley really that bad? hahaha

Also added Cape Breton.

Crossley isn't THAT bad, there was obviously a bit of hyperbole, but, he's scared to get hit and he's 170 pounds soaking wet. Skill wise, he's not the worst player on the team, but it doesn't matter because as soon as there is a defenseman within 5 feet of him he stops moving his feet and looks for a pass. As a result, sadly he's a non-factor on most nights... hardly sees the ice outside the PK.

Watt is a similar situation.. he's probably the 3rd best forward on the team in terms of skill, he's just really lazy. Once in a blue moon he'll come out and dominate like a legitimate top line player, but on most nights it looks like he has concrete in his boots, and on the powerplay he's essentially a pylon. Stands at the point as if his skates are glued to the ice.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
It has been reported that Auguste Impose will move on to Chicoutimi in a trade, which could trigger more Imports dealings since Chicoutimi would have 3 European players. EDIT- after all the rumour was proven to be untrue.

Last edited:

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I'd expect D'Orio to get the starting job over Bishop. Great thread, by the way.

Thanks!

I had forgotten about D'Orio. I gave him a low rating since he didnt play in the Q yet, but you're right he could be the starter next season.

I added Moncton.

Guys, don't hesitate to give your opinion on the ratings or the lists. ;)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
What young players/late draft picks/unknown prospects should I add to every team's depth chart? Guys that have a good chance of making the club next season?

Gimme some names!

Last edited:

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Just a few cape breton thoughts..

Martineau is twice the player Fournier is, so that should probably be reflected in your skills category.. Leveille was honestly awful this year and playoffs, Tobie Bisson was the Eagles #2 Dman after Olivier LeBlanc, hopefully he is still the same player after his severe concussion due to Imama's hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad