QMJHL question: Bourdon v. Paquet

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Bourdon is better that's why.

He is farther along in his developoment, he has better hockey sense and is a far better skater. Not to mention he is more physical.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
He's a bit smarter and quicker than Paquet, though I think Paquet is still raw and could end up being the better of the 2.

X-SHARKIE

Bourdon is going to be an anchor kind of a defenseman who well log alot of ice time and be very valuable for teams night in night out, were as Paquet IMO well be more of a race horse hockey kind of a player and some nights well hurt your team with costly errors or weak plays, yet well bang home some game winners and make beuty plays on the PP with his excellent skill.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
Bourdon is better that's why.

He is farther along in his developoment, he has better hockey sense and is a far better skater. Not to mention he is more physical.
I have seen both, and i think Paquet is better. More intelligent with the puck. Awesome skater.
Bourbon have the best shot thats for sure.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
X-SHARKIE said:
Bourdon is going to be an anchor kind of a defenseman who well log alot of ice time and be very valuable for teams night in night out, were as Paquet IMO well be more of a race horse hockey kind of a player and some nights well hurt your team with costly errors or weak plays, yet well bang home some game winners and make beuty plays on the PP with his excellent skill.
well i have never seen thoses nights.
He is by far the Best defencemen of the Cataractes

*off topic* I have never seen in the junior .. for the 8 last years .. a guy that intimidate more the opposing team than Marty Doyle. I mean ... wow, even Bonneau tonight never wanted to get close to him. When he is on the ice nobody want to check him... that's hilarious sometimes

Last edited:

QMJHLguru

Dec 11, 2004
Halifax
Can't wait to see Marty Doyle and Kevin Cormier of Halifax... that should be a great tilt... Last time these 2 teams met Doyle was suspended i beleave...

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
QMJHLguru said:
Can't wait to see Marty Doyle and Kevin Cormier of Halifax... that should be a great tilt... Last time these 2 teams met Doyle was suspended i beleave...

They fought in Shawi, i have the video...Cormier won, but dont tell that to Shawi fans ;)

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
QMJHLguru said:
I thought one of them where suspended when they met early in the year

Nope they both played. Doyle was suspended after that. The Q is slow in making suspension calls. Doyle got into it the game before Halifax was in Shawi. So Doyle got to play, but he was suspended later in the week.

X-SHARKIE

Blackshad said:
well i have never seen thoses nights.
He is by far the Best defencemen of the Cataractes

*off topic* I have never seen in the junior .. for the 8 last years .. a guy that intimidate more the opposing team than Marty Doyle. I mean ... wow, even Bonneau tonight never wanted to get close to him. When he is on the ice nobody want to check him... that's hilarious sometimes

True he is youre best defenseman there, but I see some things he needs to work on defensively before he makes the jump to the NHL, were Bourdon is more mature for this age. Paquet has more raw skill and potential to be an NHL QB but he'll need to work on his defensive game, an area that he is improving and well continue to improve.

I expect both defenseman to be gone by 20th overall in 2005.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
X-SHARKIE said:
True he is youre best defenseman there, but I see some things he needs to work on defensively before he makes the jump to the NHL, were Bourdon is more mature for this age. Paquet has more raw skill and potential to be an NHL QB but he'll need to work on his defensive game, an area that he is improving and well continue to improve.

I expect both defenseman to be gone by 20th overall in 2005.
While i dont agree on the defencive play on Paquet (always saw him as a defensive defensemen) i think he is mid-late first round material like you said. Bourdon will be picked before him because of his size. (Bourdon look bigger on the ice, heavier too.. which is good for a defensemen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad