Phenoms comming from the Canada and USA is getting crazy now

next years Phenome:

Phil Kessel USA

after 2006 phenoms if they keep living up to expectations:

Angelo Esposito (canada)
John Tavaras (canada)
Travis Randell (canada)
Steve Anthony (canada)
Jimmy O'Brien (will be a good one) (USA)
Patrice Cormier (canada)

things are looking good for North American hockey

Pcommedanspablo

Jul 28, 2005
QC
scoutman1 said:
They might be on their way soon to being good again for goalies in the next draft:

potential 1st rounders in Jonathan Bernier, J.C Blanchard, and Stephan Cesar looks to be a good one in 2006 for the QMJHL.

don't forget Michael Dupont who should also make his way through the top rounds

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
scoutman1 said:
next years Phenome:

Phil Kessel USA

after 2006 phenoms if they keep living up to expectations:

Angelo Esposito (canada)
John Tavaras (canada)
Travis Randell (canada)
Steve Anthony (canada)
Jimmy O'Brien (will be a good one) (USA)
Patrice Cormier (canada)

things are looking good for North American hockey
HAHA I ment to put this as a different thread hahaha

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
LaLaLaprise said:
Hes a good goaltender but i wouldnt put him up there with the other 3.

A lot can happen in a year's time, remember. Just simply take a look at the projected draft rankings from October 2004 for the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.

There are way too many factors to be considering at this point, and while he may not look like he belongs now, he could be leading the goaltending charge in ten months, or he could go undrafted altogether.

X-SHARKIE

scoutman1 said:
They might be on their way soon to being good again for goalies in the next draft:

potential 1st rounders in Jonathan Bernier, J.C Blanchard, and Stephan Cesar looks to be a good one in 2006 for the QMJHL.

I didn't see Stephan Cesar but Bernier looks like the real deal, Plus he's very young just shy of being an 07 prospect, and Blanchard looks like the typical big butterfly goaltender that teams are going after as of late.

So the Q has some good ones.

In terms of the whole draft, from what i've seen of Billy Sauer in Chicago last year, now going to Michigan, he could sky rocket to be the top goalie of the draft...we'll see though.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
JC Blanchard definitely has the prototypical frame/style to go high. He's going to have every opportunity this season to prove himself worthy of a very high pick playing in Moncton, most likely as the starter, logging pretty big minutes.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Aaron Vickers said:
A lot can happen in a year's time, remember. Just simply take a look at the projected draft rankings from October 2004 for the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.

There are way too many factors to be considering at this point, and while he may not look like he belongs now, he could be leading the goaltending charge in ten months, or he could go undrafted altogether.

As of now i wouldnt put him up there. You could basically list EVERY goalie than. Dupont is good but he will need to have a stellar season to go that high, hes small by NHL standards.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
LaLaLaprise said:
As of now i wouldnt put him up there. You could basically list EVERY goalie than. Dupont is good but he will need to have a stellar season to go that high, hes small by NHL standards.

Any chance Lacasse can win back the starters job and will Drakkar's defense be improved at all this year?

IdiotsPickedMyName*

Matt MacInnis said:
JC Blanchard definitely has the prototypical frame/style to go high. He's going to have every opportunity this season to prove himself worthy of a very high pick playing in Moncton, most likely as the starter, logging pretty big minutes.

Actually Matt, Blanchard was told to bulk up in the off-season because he was so tiny and he actually ended up losing size, hes an absolute twig now only about 160 pounds at 6'4" so he may not end up getting a ton of playing time.

Laurentides

Jan 22, 2003
Laval
Visit site
montreal said:
Any chance Lacasse can win back the starters job and will Drakkar's defense be improved at all this year?

No chance at all, they tried to trade Lacasse but no one is interested in acquiring an overated 19yo goalie who lost his starting job to a 17yo...but Dupont is going to be an elite goalie, whatch out for him.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
pjbth said:
Actually Matt, Blanchard was told to bulk up in the off-season because he was so tiny and he actually ended up losing size, hes an absolute twig now only about 160 pounds at 6'4" so he may not end up getting a ton of playing time.

Hes Monctons #1 goalie. Who will play instead of him?

IdiotsPickedMyName*

LaLaLaprise said:
Hes Monctons #1 goalie. Who will play instead of him?

I think there is a very good chance he will get traded. I dont know how the kid doesn't get blown away in the wind, id be afraid the puck might go right through him. He was very thin last season and as i was describing to someone else he now looks like a french Calista Flockhart.

There are a few veteran Q goalies that i'm sure would bring Moncton more success this season, which is most important since they are hosting the Memorial cup.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
pjbth said:
I think there is a very good chance he will get traded. I dont know how the kid doesn't get blown away in the wind, id be afraid the puck might go right through him. He was very thin last season and as i was describing to someone else he now looks like a french Calista Flockhart.

There are a few veteran Q goalies that i'm sure would bring Moncton more success this season, which is most important since they are hosting the Memorial cup.

No there isnt. He played stellar last year.

Marc-Andre Fleury was 6'00 150 when he was 15 and on NHL draft day he was 6'01 166 and now he is 6'02 172, by no means huge yet he stops pucks.

Being huge for a goalie isnt a big deal. 6'04 160 is small but its not like it will hinder him any.

If anything Moncton will BRING in a veteran goalie to help JCB ou, they arent going to trade him unless an offer is overwhelming and it includes a #1 goalie.

IdiotsPickedMyName*

Well i guess we can agree to disagree. IMO losing 20 pounds in the off season when your team is telling you to bulk up is not good. Watching the Q last season (i mostly watched the OHL before) i find the goalies tend to get run alot more (than what i saw in the OHL) and therefore need to be bigger. As a bit of a strech this may show signs he just doesn't have the proper work ethic to be a starter because he did no work in the off season. Sure that was fine in the 70's but now you have to be training year round if you want to be the best.

I also doubt he will be traded, but i would be floored if Moncton didn't bring in someone to split duties with him (cutting down his icetime, which was the original intent of my post) and/or push him harder off and on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->