QMJHL Goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
rookie Alexandre Vincent played very well for Chicoutimi . He's 17 , 6'4 , 205lbs . He played some semi-pro hockey as a foward when midget season were over .

I don't know what Jeff Deslauriers
photo_equ12
is doing(injury?) but Vincent is red hot and one of them could be traded .

--------

CHL best goalie last year Adam Russo seem to struggles so far this season .. En francais

Mooseheads@HF

Jan 17, 2003
East Coast
1. Martin Houle - Cape Breton
2. Corey Crawford - Moncton
3. David Tremblay - Gatineau
4. Jeff Deslauriers - Chicoutimi
5. Julien Ellis - Shawinigan

Erngueva

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Mooseheads@HF said:

Julien Ellis in the top 5 ? Alexnadre Vincent earn a spot on your top 5 i think...

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
Mooseheads@HF said:

Ellis and Deslauriers have both been disapointing so far this year. Daigneault, Poitras, and Russo(plays behind a brutal hockey team) have all been better then those 2 so far.

Houle is #1 in stats, but I dont think he's been the best in the league. Hard to give him OR Tremblay that honour when the teams ahead of them are so good.

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
One thing is sure, there are so many great goalies in this league !

Guillaume Lavallée and Cedrick Desjardins are doing a great job with the Oceanic who are playing a very offensive style

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
JasonMacIsaac said:
He is getting 26 shots per game and has a save% well over .9, his GAA is below 2, he is the best in the league. You do realize to get a SAVE% that high with the amount of shots he faces is a task itself.

26 shots per game might be a lot in the NHL, but its not not the Q.

Russo-33.08
Walsh-28.9
Houle-24.8
Michaud-32.5
Tremblay-30
Crawford-28.07
Filiatrault-33.78
Lavalee-33.21
Ellis-26.4
Daigneault-31.9
Manzato-26.6

There are the goalies who have played the bulk of their teams games. The lowest? Martin Houle. And that does not even give you the quality of shots that a guy like Adam Russo would face compared to Houle.

You can not use GAA and sv % to compare goaltenders. You need to actually watch them play. So far Houle has been good, but he's not the best. I also bet that the Eagles go get an experienced backup for him for the playoffs during the trade period, just in case he can not handle the pressure.

Thewselius

Jul 24, 2003
Anyone else notice Fabio Luongo? Hes Roberto Luongo's brother and I think he is a rookie in the QMJHL. I'm not sure how he fairs in comparison but I think hes a little bit smaller than Roberto.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Thewselius said:
Anyone else notice Fabio Luongo? Hes Roberto Luongo's brother and I think he is a rookie in the QMJHL. I'm not sure how he fairs in comparison but I think hes a little bit smaller than Roberto.

He has 1% of his brothers talent. Not a knock on Fabio, but Roberto is the man.

Fabio is small too. 5'10 160 or something. He played well early on but hasnt done much in the recent weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->