9. Huskies de Rouyn-Noranda : Yannick Riendeau, LW, 5'8/154
10. Saguenéens de Chicoutimi : Maxime Tanguay, C, 5'8/136
11. Oceanic de Rimouski : Alex Biega, D, 5'9/176
12. Cataractes de Shawinigan : Guillaume Durand, D, 6'0/205
13. PEI Rockets : Pascal Boutin, D, 6'1/211
14. Wildcats de Moncton : Wesley Welcher, C, 5'11/172
15. Tigres de Victoriaville : Maxim Noreau, D, 5'11/183
16. Saguenéens de Chicoutimi : Nicolas Blanchard, C, 6'2/164

These are the first round results. A couple notable things are Benjamin Breault falling to 4 even if he was considered the best player available (I'd take Sheppard first), Alex Tanguay's brother Maxime going 10th overall even if he's 5'8/136 and Alex Biega falling to 11th overall.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Rimouski trade with the Wildcats... 20 years old d-man Maxime Desruisseaux and a 3rd round pick in 2005 for 18 years old forward Charles Bergeron and 18 years olrd d-man Guillaume Veilleux.

Not the trade i wanted with the Cats :banghead:

I dont know much about desruisseaux... can someone help me?

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Pier-Alexandre Poulin, eh.

Anybody got any information on him? His height and weight brings up thoughts of Alexandre Giroux, who was 6'3" and 165 for much of his QMJHL career.

hockey observer

Mar 12, 2004
Bona dropping as low as he did does not surprise me at all.......he may go to Rimouski!!!!!!!!!!!!! 43rd overall is probrbly where he belongs right now...the other Subway kid (Hillier) is a prime example of a local kid saying he is going elsewhere just to end up where he wants to go...HIllier will be in a Moosehead sweater Monday and will be at camp in August......Don/t think he can crack that Moose line up this year anyways!!!!!!!!!!1

No surprise with Cape Breton taking Sheppard....have not seen the Quebec kids but he will definitely win 15-20 games for Cape Breton next year....

Morrison...MVP in NSAAA Midget was a surprise dropping to 96th like he did.....maybe he will better adjust in Tier 2 then in the Q.....

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
X-SHARKIE said:
What a surprise...Sheppard with 1st overall, jk....That was a good pick up.

Pier-Alexandre Poulin of Gatineau, from what I here should have NHL scouts drooling in a few years.

You probably heard wrong lol :)

He isnt a great player. He is like Bambi on the ice.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Russian Fan said:
still a surprise to see Bernier fall to 8th since he was describe as the only G #1 potential of this draft.

There are a few others, but no one got the press Bernier got.

I feel Bernier is overrated perosnally speaking. And teams picking in the top 7 knew that.

Lewiston however needs a young goalie.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
hockey observer said:
Bona dropping as low as he did does not surprise me at all.......he may go to Rimouski!!!!!!!!!!!!! 43rd overall is probrbly where he belongs right now...the other Subway kid (Hillier) is a prime example of a local kid saying he is going elsewhere just to end up where he wants to go...HIllier will be in a Moosehead sweater Monday and will be at camp in August......Don/t think he can crack that Moose line up this year anyways!!!!!!!!!!1

No surprise with Cape Breton taking Sheppard....have not seen the Quebec kids but he will definitely win 15-20 games for Cape Breton next year....

Morrison...MVP in NSAAA Midget was a surprise dropping to 96th like he did.....maybe he will better adjust in Tier 2 then in the Q.....

Sheppard wont dominate at 16. He is a solid player and I am bvery high on him, but asking him to "win" games for the team is a bit much.

Morisson droped because peopel question his work ethic and desire. He is also small and afriad of physical contact.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
rahan said:
Scouting reports on Nicolas Blanchard and Maxime Tanguay plz :D

Tanguay plays a lot like PM Bouchard in the snese when he has the puck the game slows down. He has great vision and very good at finding open team mates.

His size MAY slow him down as he sometimes looks afriad on the ice. But Martel and his Goon squad should protect him.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
chsb said:
Does somebody have info on the goaltender Alex Petizian of the Gilmour Academy?

He played in West Island as a 15 year old in the 2002/2003 season. Was touted as a top 10 pick at xmas, then slipped right out of the draft in June. Went back to WI this season but left after a couple games to go to prep school.

He is really small and may or may not report to the Q.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Tanguay plays a lot like PM Bouchard in the snese when he has the puck the game slows down. He has great vision and very good at finding open team mates.

His size MAY slow him down as he sometimes looks afriad on the ice. But Martel and his Goon squad should protect him.

Goon squad? Yeah...Boisclair, MacSween, etc...gotta love those Sags!

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Dean Ouellet and James Sheppard should both make the Eagles next year. Ouellet lead team Atlantic in goals at the world under 17 championships. I think we may have gottena a steal there. I didn't know he had a weak Under-17 Challenge getting under a PPG. Still I think he will fit in nice with the Eagles who took alot of atlantic kids.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->