Euro: QF: Wales vs. Belgium, 7/1/2016

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I wonder if someone bet on Wales reaching the semis before the tournament. Like that one guy who bet on Leicester.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Yeah that yellow card rule is beyond stupid, it's the same for the World Cup. You want a semi final with the best players and two cards in 5 games really isn't much. Much too harsh.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It is still doable I guess. Not a complete death sentence. Sadly I have no idea how they replace Ramsey. Davies is an important player too.

The only replacement for Ramsey is for Bale to play out of his head and render it irrelevant. They could put in Jonathan Williams, he looked good going forward against Slovakia, but that doesn't even come close.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Jon Williams is quite good actually. Not a horrible replacement. Wales are going to be heavily reliant on Allen and Bale for the Portugal game.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Page 34 for anyone questioning it:

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles.../Regulations/02/03/92/81/2039281_DOWNLOAD.pdf

In case of repeated cautions:
a. in the qualifying competition, a player is suspended for the next competition
match after three cautions in three different matches, as well as after the fifth
and any subsequent caution;
b. in the final tournament, a player is suspended for the next competition match
after two cautions in two different matches, as well as after the fourth caution.

4 Single cautions from matches in the final tournament expire on completion of the
quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Belgium looked like a team that knows they're supposed to win, and don't understand why when they don't or do they think enough on their feet or on the fly.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
As a positive for Wales against Portugal, they're also facing a team full of players that melt under pressure. Carvalho is out for Portugal as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad