World Cup: QF: Uruguay vs. France, 7/6/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters

lud

May 27, 2009
Croatia
Argentina,Brazil,Colombia,Paraguay,Uruguay it's crazy hiw these countries becomes dirty when result isn't in their favour

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I said it before, I'll say it again. Those new/modern soccer balls are a ***** to catch.

If you hit them just right they act like balloons changing directions in a split second. Completely unpredictable. It looked bad but if you look close you see how Muslera went one direction and then the ball just blew straight in the other direction as if deflected.
Wasn't much he could do yet he looks like an ass and commentators and fans around the world are laughing at him. Feel bad for this guy.

The two angles I've seen don't suggest the ball moved much.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
You mean when english players DOVE without being TOUCHED. (and laughed at Colombian players being called for foul).

See the difference? Hopefully?
Calm down. Easy win for France. That s all that matter. Don't you think?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
You mean when english players DOVE without being TOUCHED. (and laughed at Colombian players being called for foul).

See the difference? Hopefully?
First of all, that contact was laughable. Far as I'm concerned that's either an Mbappe dive or an embellishment at a level where the distinction is irrelevant.

Second, Colombia was every bit as dirty as Uruguay. I realize whining about England is nearly sport for some people, but have the slightest bit of perspective. And the only guy that dove without contact was Trippier. You were off it all match.

Really don't feel like going down this rabbit hole with you though, so whatever.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Are you saying you can't embellish to waste time after an actual foul?
I'm saying you can't card someone for being on the ground after a foul. And certainly not as much as the guy who ACTUALLY fouled.

It's amazing all those new HF football fans, or rather soccer, who have zero understanding of how a ref should crack down on fouling rather than embellishing and who can't see the difference between a dive and an embellishment.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Second, Colombia was every bit as dirty as Uruguay. I realize whining about England is nearly sport for some people, but have the slightest bit of perspective. And the only guy that dove without contact was Trippier. You were off it all match.
Tripper only? Not only did he dive, but he also laughed at the opponent for being called for a foul.
And Maguire? He also dove in the box without ever being touched.

So again, you're mixing diving without contact and rolling on the ground after contact.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
I'm saying o
you can't card someone for being on the ground after a foul. And certainly not as much as the guy who ACTUALLY fouled.

It's amazing all those new HF football fans, or rather soccer, who have zero understanding of how a ref should crack down on fouling rather than embellishing and who can't see the difference between a dive and an embellishment.
You can totally card someone for such a massive obvious flop. The only argument you have is that the refs should do it more often. It’s getting out of hand with all this embellishment.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'm saying o
you can't card someone for being on the ground after a foul. And certainly not as much as the guy who ACTUALLY fouled.

Or people just don't agree with you. Rather than claiming lack of understanding, you might want to consider that.

Either way, I'm not wasting my time on someone who flies to the "people who disagree with me lacks understanding" defense three comments into a discussion.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Muslera will be on a plane to Boston to check for a concussion. Just a game killing error....it is hard to believe a professional keeper would find a way to turn that into their own net

Reactions: koyvoo

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Tripper only? Not only did he dive, but he also laughed at the opponent for being called for a foul.
And Maguire? He also dove in the box without ever being touched.

So again, you're mixing diving without contact and rolling on the ground after contact.
I'm not mixing anything. I pretty well covered it in that bit that you snipped.

You're right about Maguire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad