World Cup: QF: Uruguay vs. France, 7/6/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters

GunkWinger

Oct 21, 2008
CT
Cavani will not be starting. The medical staff still hope to get him good enough to come off the bench.

GunkWinger

Oct 21, 2008
CT
I hope Tabárez starts Maxi and not boring ass Stuani

Yeah Stuani is more boring but both have been great this season. Both bring differ elements. While I'd like Maxi to get his shot, I thinks Stuani brings experience and is great at scoring with his head. And from what I've seen of him with Uruguay and with Girona he has a bit of clutchness that I'm not sure Maxi has at this point.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

GunkWinger

Oct 21, 2008
CT
Cavani did not practice with the team but he was out on the field doing special exercises. Looks unlikely but there is a bit of hope he will be on the bench. Stuani will start.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
This will be a very boring 1-0 game. Both of these teams are better on the counter and they both struggle when they have to take the initiative and play with the ball (Hence why they both struggled against weaker teams like Saudia Arabia, Egypt and Australia).

So I expect France to have much of the ball but not creating much since there will be next to no space out there. Expecting a goal from some kind of set-piece that will clinch this one.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
If France scores first this could be a fun game. If Uruguay score first then prepare for a snoozefest.

Yeah, hopefully France scores first.

And hopefully Suarez doesn't come up with another controversial moment (hand & bite) at this stage like in the last two World Cups.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Well, it's not that this was unknown. Dumb to mention it, though. Perhaps he feels he's already out.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
No Cavani, no chance. Easy win for France. It's alright with me. I hope they'll win it all anyway.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Electric as Mbappe was last time out against the pub team that was accidentally entered to represent the Argentinian FA, I'm looking forward to seeing him against a superb defensive unit. The breathless talk about the torch passing from Messi to the teenager will look a bit daft if he's shut down the first game he plays afterwards.

On paper these two teams are different enough in their playing styles to make for a compelling game. Whether fear of losing and the dead hand of Deschamps strangles the life out of the contest remains to be seen.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Griez is looking like a good bet to play for Uruguay. He has managed to pass more to them than to his french teammates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->