Euro: QF: Ukraine v England, 7/3/2021

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I guess because Hungary was a dedicated host site. Which is fine, but if that’s the case don’t make 2/3 other teams in the group have to play there and the last gets to then play them at home. It’s genuinely not fair. And maybe we’re overstating how much of an effect it had on results, but just from a straight up competition point it’s not right and kinda goes back to what we’re saying about this whole thing.

We're definitely not. It's also impossible to say what would have happened because it warped the whole thing. Also it should be pointed out that England were the only host that played their R16 game at home. All the rest had to travel somewhere they never played, but not them.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
We're definitely not. It's also impossible to say what would have happened because it warped the whole thing. Also it should be pointed out that England were the only host that played their R16 game at home. All the rest had to travel somewhere they never played, but not them.

Because the Irish handed it to them for what it's worth. Ironic really.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I don't see the complaint here. France/Portugal was played at a neutral site because no venue in either France or Portugal was awarded games (all bidding French and Portuguese cities had withdrawn their bids). Budapest won their bid vs Skopje. Why? I imagine the fact Budapest's stadium is much bigger and Budapest is much easier to reach played a not insignificant role. But obviously if two host nations play each other something has to give. I don't see a contradiction in the game then being hosted by the top seed in the group.

I’m not complaining. I’m an Italy fan. I’m just using it as an example of the stupidity of the planning.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Really? They played horrible against Finland before Eriksen's horrific incident, played decent against Belgium but lacked technical quality and skill to capitalise, beaten a horrific Russian side, were run ragged by Wales for the good part of the 1st half and today were outplayed by the Czech until bith teams looked like crap for the last 20mins.

Well, that's certainly an interesting interpretation of their games. But the topic was Denmark allegedly being boring, so I don't see how the strength of their opposition or having brief spells in games where they were outplayed is relevant to how exciting they are.

What? Denmark dominated that game up to the terrible incident.

They still managed to dominate after that as well.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I guess because Hungary was a dedicated host site. Which is fine, but if that’s the case don’t make 2/3 other teams in the group have to play there and the last gets to then play them at home. It’s genuinely not fair. And maybe we’re overstating how much of an effect it had on results, but just from a straight up competition point it’s not right and kinda goes back to what we’re saying about this whole thing.
Indeed. And the results actually show this.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
2k Scottish fans apprently caught it during the derby. Are they double jabbed as well?

The jab isn’t about catching Covid, it’s what happens afterwards. Cases can be as high as they like, but hospitalisation and deaths is fortunately going to remain low.

Reactions: llwyd

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Tottenham level main striker should be able to score against Ukraine league defence and keeper, though. Proves nothing regarding PL, although if City can't get anyone else better, I guess they have to pony up for Kane.

I don’t think there are any strikers better than Kane.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Ukraine league and Russian are both trash. Weird still people think some Soviet Union team would be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad