World Cup: QF: Sweden vs. England, 7/7/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
The trend of this World Cup, long ball beats tiki taka, set pieces are key therefore you need big bulky guys...somewhere Pep is crying and every English lower league manager is smiling.

Mind, I think Pep will stop crying when he checks his medals collection and his bank account.

As for trends, I think the fundamental one is that the teams with the fewest fatal flaws are the ones surviving.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Why? Alli is the best player on the pitch pressing (and arguably the best in the WC at it). Perfect for England being 1-0 up.
He clearly is not fit and has been giving possesion away.

Sterling, oh my. Offsides though.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Why can't Canada produce any players capable of playing top tier soccer when more kids play soccer than hockey in Canada? It's not just about popularity and number of people playing, it's about how you develop those kids.

Differences....first we prefer Hockey. Secondly we let the kiddos play soccer for a bit before we put them in Hockey. Its always been that way. Some parents are worried their kids will get hurt playing Hockey.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Why can't Canada produce any players capable of playing top tier soccer when more kids play soccer than hockey in Canada? It's not just about popularity and number of people playing, it's about how you develop those kids.

I'd say a lot of the Canadian soccer players play more casually as well. Most of those registered are likely in house league and not looking at taking their talents further

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I have a question. If places like Sweden and Russia like soccer more than Hockey, why is it these nations cannot produce a player that is elite in that sport like they can in Hockey? Relatively it's not close.

Competition? It's one thing to compete against some small countries where hockey is a big sport and a bunch of others where it's the 4th or 5th biggest sport and a totally different matter to be a small country competing vs 100+ nations where football is by far the biggest sport.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Maxime Sterlingov.

Then he should his arrogance,selfishness and pride by not passing to better finishers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad