World Cup: QF: Sweden vs. England, 7/7/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
There should be zero tolerance for linesmen flagging onside players offside. The directive was clear.

That the attacker should have the benefit of the doubt was first mooted in the 90s. But coaches and defenders, abetted by the media, have cowed officials into doing what suits them.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Sam Allardyce splutters into his lager as England scores another set-piece goal.

Ironically, it's a reward for at least trying to play passing football, even if they're not entirely successful at it.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Maguire is a behemoth.

latest

Reactions: Eisen

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
The trend of this World Cup, long ball beats tiki taka, set pieces are key therefore you need big bulky guys...somewhere Pep is crying and every English lower league manager is smiling.
To be fair, that tiki taka had piss poor execution from most teams. That is not what Pep played. He played it fast.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The trend of this World Cup, long ball beats tiki taka, set pieces are key therefore you need big bulky guys...somewhere Pep is crying and every English lower league manager is smiling.
The value of players Pep has at Manchester City is more than all but 3 or 4 of the squads in this tournament. :laugh:

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
I love how basically the entire country shutsdown when Sweden are playing a World Cup game, and I'm sure in countries like brazil for example are way crazier that way. It brings so much to the people.

No matter how this ends I'm so proud of what the boys have done

I have a question. If places like Sweden and Russia like soccer more than Hockey, why is it these nations cannot produce a player that is elite in that sport like they can in Hockey? Relatively it's not close.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I have a question. If places like Sweden and Russia like soccer more than Hockey, why is it these nations cannot produce a player that is elite in that sport like they can in Hockey? Relatively it's not close.
Why can't Canada produce any players capable of playing top tier soccer when more kids play soccer than hockey in Canada? It's not just about popularity and number of people playing, it's about how you develop those kids.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Well. Who are these teams except Sweden and Russia? Even those two usually CA without a long ball. Belgium, France and Croatia certainly don’t hoof much.

Tiki taka has never been widespread in any case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad