World Cup: QF: Russia vs. Croatia, 7/7/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
If Croatia don't reach the final, their so called golden generation would be a huge failure.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Dream scenario for Russia?

Russia gets an early PK & red card for Croatia. Russia wins 1-0

Sweden beat England on PKS.

Belgium knocks out Brazil
Uruguay beats France

Russia defeats Sweden

Russia into the final.

I’d assume they would prefer another crack at Uruguay? Over Belgium?

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
They would be huge favorites over Sweden and favorites over England though. It would be a failure not to reach the final.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Russia the dream scenario would be beating Sweden and France for the World Cup, two famous victories!

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
They would be huge favorites over Sweden and favorites over England though. It would be a failure not to reach the final.

They may be favorites IF they get by Russia but to say 'huge' is a bit much.

I don't even know if bookmakers would make them a favorite v England. If so, it would be marginal.

Of course, it all depends on if players pick up a knock or get suspended going into a potential semi as that could change things.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
So the FIFA disciplinary commission decided to give out a warning to the CFF and Danijel Subašić because he broke the dress code by having a t-shirt of his tragically lost friend under his jersey and revealed it after the game. What kind of a sick, twisted individual do you need to be to do that? The same goes for the moron who asked him about Hrvoje at the press conference making him cry and guys who then took I don't know how many pictures.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
If Croatia don't reach the final, their so called golden generation would be a huge failure.

I don't know who called them "golden generation", but whoever did that should inform us about medals and trophies they won at Euros, WC's, CC's...

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
So the FIFA disciplinary commission decided to give out a warning to the CFF and Danijel Subašić because he broke the dress code by having a t-shirt of his tragically lost friend under his jersey and revealed it after the game. What kind of a sick, twisted individual do you need to be to do that? The same goes for the moron who asked him about Hrvoje at the press conference making him cry and guys who then took I don't know how many pictures.

Stay classy FIFA. They’re a bunch of f***sticks.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I completely get where you are coming from and I have sympathy for it. But we all know that it's forbidden. Has been for a long time.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Nothing against Olic but CSKA legend? He played a handful opf games there.
Respectfully disagree. I am not a CSKA fan, but I talk to the team’s fans very often. Olic is adored by CSKA fans. He was a part of the CSKA golden age. In just four seasons in Russia Olic won 3 championships (the 2003 win was the first one since 1991), two Russian Cups, and two Russian Supercups. And most importantly he helped CSKA to win the UEFA Cup, the first European Cup ever won by a Russian team. Trust me, he is loved their.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Respectfully disagree. I am not a CSKA fan, but I talk to the team’s fans very often. Olic is adored by CSKA fans. He was a part of the CSKA golden age. In just four seasons in Russia Olic won 3 championships (the 2003 win was the first one since 1991), two Russian Cups, and two Russian Supercups. And most importantly he helped CSKA to win the UEFA Cup, the first European Cup ever won by a Russian team. Trust me, he is loved their.
Fair enough, thanks, I didn't know he was that beloved there.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Agreed. They choked hard against Portugal in the Euros and they have no excuses not to get past Russia and England.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Likely Croatia's last chance for a while to have some success, so time for them to put up some results with their "golden" generation.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
If this group of players wins something, then they can be labelled as “golden”, otherwise they are just another generation of players that will come and go.
Exactly why I put it in quotes. You can't be a golden generation unless you have hardware.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad