World Cup: QF: Russia vs. Croatia, 7/7/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The legend of Corluka grows - I'm pretty sure I just saw him with a Harry Potter tattoo on his wrist.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
And go figure- we all thought Subasic would be a no-brainer substitution going into extra time.

Not only does he not come out, but he makes TWO clutch stops

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Heartbreaking for the Russians. Awful way to lose. The better and “sexier” team won and sets up a good semifinal against England. Croatia needs to wake up. Almost went out against Denmark/Russia. They had such great group games and have been poor IMO in the knock out stage.

Good luck to all teams left.
Awful way to lose, but an awesome tournament for them, considering how they were ranked. This has been a great World Cup, truly some great drama.

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Keep Modric quiet and I think England go through. Played earlier (much easier to sleep when you play early). 30 mins less and without seeing any stats I´m assuming their game against Sweden was physically less taxing (certainly mentally).

Croatia got a better team though.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Keep Modric quiet and I think England go through. Played earlier (much easier to sleep when you play early). 30 mins less and without seeing any stats I´m assuming their game against Sweden was physically less taxing (certainly mentally).

Croatia got a better team though.
What? The game is 4 days away.. It's not tomorrow, lol.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
200w.gif

And another 10 years off my life. Jeebus.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That's rough. A player who would've been a hero in Russia for tying it in extra time had the miss (and it literally was a miss) that cost them the game.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Good. All the countries I wanted to lose are out. Would've liked Uruguay but I'll be fine with any of these teams winning it all. Probably gonna be an England-Belgium final though.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Thank f*** for that. Nobody needs to watch a team that tries to get into penalty shootouts as hard as Russia.

Reactions: King 88

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Good. All the countries I wanted to lose are out. Would've liked Uruguay but I'll be fine with any of these teams winning it all. Probably gonna be an England-Belgium final though.
I want France to lose after Mfloppe's dive last game lol

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
I wish there was a better way than PK to decide winners. Croatia made it to the semis in the luckiest and ****tiest way possible. Of course, that would have been true of Russia too. Hope for England win.
I don't get this. I think PK's are a perfect way. The teams have 2 hours and if they can't do anything then this makes sense. PK's are incredibly hard for players and keepers. As someone who's taken penalties during my life, there's nothing more dreadful and skilled then getting up there and taking it.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
What a game. Fernandes ties it in extra time and bombs it in the shootout. Nice script, football gods!
Happy for Croatia, congrats. Russia might be disappointed now but they were a real positive surprise.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I must say that while the crowds helped, some of these Russian players who weren’t worth a whole lot in Europa or much of anything in Europe over the last three or four years, now have energy and stamina they’ve never had before. I guess playing in front of the home crowd must really get the competitive edge going.

Reactions: cgf and Natey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->