Euro: QF: Germany vs. Italy, 7/2/2016

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Kimmich doesn't worry me. Hector is just ok, but it won't be at all easy for Italy to exploit him.

No need to change Kroos-Khedira at this point. Honestly I have very little to criticize Jogi for as far as the performance goes (apart from the fact that Podolski and Schürrle have played at all). It's quite different from 2014. Full back problems and controversy have been settled fairly resoundingly, pressing is actually pretty compact and flexible, and the buildup play is great. This campaign has me more far more optimistic than I was in 2014. Of course, that can all fall apart with a couple bad breaks or small mistakes, but I can't criticize Löw for how the team has played so far.

I wouldn't say I have much criticism him for; just that for this match I'd love to have Weigl sitting behind Mesut, Toni & Sami, and I don't expect Jogi to be clever enough to do so.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I thought Conte's 3-5-2 was brilliant against Spain.
Germany should start Gomez so if Conte decides to go again with the 3-5-2, he can help Germany keep the ball... Morata didn't win any aerial battles and Aduriz got injured very soon.

This game can go either way, but I give Germany a slight edge

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I assume both teams will be giving their all for the win and players won't hold back in any situations (at least not until later in the match if the winner is already clear), so there'll most likely be quite a few suspensions for whoever goes through.

Maybe at least 3, if not more, especially for Italy. This would of course benefit their SF opponent.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
So Löw takes Draxler - the best player against Slovakia - out and Höwedes in. This has written 2012 all over it.

Gruß,
BSHH

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Not sure when the Italy wheels fall off, but if it is against Germany there is no shame in that.

balotelli-italy-2-1-germany.jpg

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Would have liked to seen this game with a full Italian midfield intact. But that was never going to happen.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Germany is playing it smart. They're super calm and just waiting for that one mistake. I'm not optimistic as a fan of Italy.. :(

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Khedira hurt damn. Hope Schweinsteiger can play allmost a full game.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I like Löw's idea of going with 3 at the back vs. Italy, but I wouldn't have played Höwedes as a half-back over Mustafi. If Schweinsteiger is healthy enough to play 75 minutes, bringing him on is great. I still prefer him to Khedira when healthy.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ref missing some obvious calls so far.
Doesn't look good when real big calls will have to be made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad