Euro: QF: Germany vs. Italy, 7/2/2016

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Nothing wrong with a bit of gamesmanship during penalties, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often:

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
One plays TWO SECONDS of the match, does a pathetic pseudo-dance before kicking the penalty to Mars, another taunts the opposing goalkeeper before the decisive penalty, then misses by two metres. I'm laughing hysterically, these primadonnas NEVER let me down! :lol:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Not sure with the kind of tactics Low used today. Also with Khedira and Hummels probably out of the SF. Schweinsteiger won't be able to play like he did today.

Löw won't use the same tactics vs. France. I mean, the tactics themselves weren't awful in principle, it was just some small things in the way he implemented those tactics that nearly derailed the campaign, plus the player selections. Interesting how in some ways Löw and Conte mirrored each other in this match. 3-5-2/5-3-2 with neither team really opting for any technical dribblers until late when Draxler and Insigne came on.

No point in making any predictions until we see which French players if any get suspensions due to UEFA's idiotic rule. Though I guess Kante already picking up his second card before France's cupcake QF opponent was a blessing in disguise. Koscielny, Giroud, and Gignac (lol) are still at risk though.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
This should have ended 1-0 but Boateng figured football should be played with your hands up in the air.:laugh:

Two best teams in the tournament imo, and the better team won. But Italy definitely had the chance to bury them in the shootout but choked on attempt 4 and 5.

If Messi is the new standard for horrible misses, than Bastian had a Messi moment in there. Thankfully for him, Germany won in the end.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Some say Zaza is still running.

That was terrible. Deserved to miss for that, at least he isn't the reason they lost though so he will be grateful for that at least.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Neuer and Buffon were both excellent in the shootout despite a few awful shots on both sides. One of the few positive parts of the match I think.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
tumblr_o9pkoekP6d1qz6z2wo1_540.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad