Euro: QF: France vs. Iceland, 7/3/2016

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Why is Giroud still out there?

No, we won't beat Germany. That's just how if goes. Even if we play better than them, even if we're twice as talented as them (which is not the case), we still lose when it matters against them. That's what history has shown us.

Evilo underrating France over and over again just so he can overrate them after they win. :sarcasm:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
No, we won't beat Germany. That's just how if goes. Even if we play better than them, even if we're twice as talented as them (which is not the case), we still lose when it matters against them. That's what history has shown us.

The same could be said for Germany against Italy. These things don't last.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Yeah, it's a different game against Germany. But nevertheless, France looks really good. And it's not all because this is a mis-match. They are playing like a legit contender.

Nobody needs a game like this to know France have a very good team and they were contenders before the tournament even started. Because they are really good.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
France has looked average throughout the tournament. They're now walking over a team of semi-pros, good for them I guess.

But man this looks bad for England.:laugh:

I just can't stop thinking about it. I mean, sometimes you catch a bad game. But maybe England really just sucks?

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Nobody needs a game like this to know France have a very good team and they were contenders before the tournament even started. Because they are really good.

Obviously. But they haven't been playing very well before in this tournament. This is their first game where I see the France that could actually win this whole tournament. That's what I meant.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
France has looked average throughout the tournament. They're now walking over a team of semi-pros, good for them I guess.

But man this looks bad for England.:laugh:

They are destroying a team they are supposed to destroy, yes. England was.supposed.to beat them easily. Portugal was supposed to walk all over them. The Netherlands were also supposed to. But, sure, France supporters shouldn't be happy with today's form...

In the grand scheme of things, today means nothing, but it is nice to see them play how they should play. Still could lose next game.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
France will have the advantage in the midfield. Have to assume Can will be paired up with Kroos with Schweinsteiger and Khedira hurt and Kimmich probably playing right back.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Obviously. But they haven't been playing very well before in this tournament. This is their first game where I see the France that could actually win this whole tournament. That's what I meant.

Germany played a very average qualification round and lost to Slavakia a few weeks back. Great teams like France, Italy, Germany and others show up when it counts.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Germany played a very average qualification round and lost to Slavakia a few weeks back. Great teams like France, Italy, Germany and others show up when it counts.

In almost irregular conditions. No excuse, though (perhaps a little one).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nice to see Iceland score a goal. I don't want them to score more than 1, but they deserved to go out with a goal scored, not a 6-0 whopping or something like that.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Nice to see them getting one. This team (and nation) won me over. I'll be rooting for them forever.

Maybe I have to visit Iceland since it seems like an exotic place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad