Qantas Air confirms needed proof of being vaccinated...fallout when others follow suit?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Obviouxly they can't actually implement this until all age groups have had sufficient time to be vaccinated right? How long will that even be?

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
If you are a critical thinker and are unsure of long-term side-effects of covid vaccine- you should never be forced to. It's a human right. Not everyone is getting vaccinated anyway for "herd immunity" to take place. It should always be a choice whether we inject ourselves with chemicals or not that we have no way of knowing their contents/ how they will impact our health long-term and these are very real & valid concerns. People have died after taking a vaccine. You can get covid twice. Ultimately the premise is convoluted to begin with. But I understand why people would want vaccines.

Yet no one should be shamed for not wanting to be vaccinated.

Some people are critical thinkers and question what chemicals the government says they should inoculate us with.

As for the airline, that's their right, but if this is a federal mandate-- I guarantee with all of the people who I talk to in my field-- they'd lose about 40% of their business.

Some people refuse to get vaccines no matter what for very valid concerns.
They should not be shamed for making their own choice- a fundamental human right, no one should be forced to be vaccinated, if anything they should be applauded for questioning their reality and information we are told, a skill society seems to have lost.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If you are a critical thinker and are unsure of long-term side-effects of covid vaccine- you should never be forced to. It's a human right. Not everyone is getting vaccinated anyway for "herd immunity" to take place. It should always be a choice whether we inject ourselves with chemicals or not that we have no way of knowing their contents/ how they will impact our health long-term and these are very real & valid concerns. People have died after taking a vaccine. You can get covid twice. Ultimately the premise is convoluted to begin with. But I understand why people would want vaccines.

Some people are critical thinkers and question what chemicals the government says they should inoculate us with.

As for the airline, that's their right, but if this is a federal mandate-- I guarantee with all of the people who I talk to in my field-- they'd lose about 40% of their business.

They should not be shamed for making their own choice- a fundamental human right, no one should be forced to be vaccinated, if anything they should be applauded for questioning their reality and information we are told, a skill society seems to have lost.
This isn't a government mandate, this is a requirement to fly with a privately owned airline.

You can choose to fly with someone else.

Reactions: Summer Rose

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Some of the comments in this thread are shocking. The blind faith the people put in companies like Pzifer and Moderna is, in my opinion, crazy. Look, I'm sure that these vaccines are likely just fine. That being said, what long term studies do we have to confirm this? Zero. And, I'm sorry, but you're batshit crazy if you think Pzifer cares one bit if you have any sort of negative reaction to their vaccine. Ditto for Moderna. Personally I'm glad that I have the option to wait and see how things play out before I'm forced or peer pressured into taking one of these vaccines.

Brilliant post ..thank you

don't forget they negotiated a sweetheart deal to give themselves legal immunity.

Reactions: greatwhitenorth

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
This isn't a government mandate, this is a requirement to fly with a privately owned airline.

You can choose to fly with someone else.

Dunning Kruger Airlines will probably not have any restrictions.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Some of the comments in this thread are shocking. The blind faith the people put in companies like Pzifer and Moderna is, in my opinion, crazy. Look, I'm sure that these vaccines are likely just fine. That being said, what long term studies do we have to confirm this? Zero. And, I'm sorry, but you're batshit crazy if you think Pzifer cares one bit if you have any sort of negative reaction to their vaccine. Ditto for Moderna. Personally I'm glad that I have the option to wait and see how things play out before I'm forced or peer pressured into taking one of these vaccines.

Brilliant post ..thank you

don't forget they negotiated a sweetheart deal to give themselves legal immunity.

Some people have had the vaccine for close to a year now, still no sign of terrible side effects.

What side effects do you suspect could come from a two doses vaccine?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

You can have the composition of the vaccine. It is available online.
Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine: What you should know - Canada.ca
Ingredients

• Medicinal ingredient
    • mRNA
  • Non-medicinal ingredients
    • ALC-0315 = ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate)
    • ALC-0159 = 2-[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide
    • 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine
    • cholesterol
    • dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate
    • monobasic potassium phosphate
    • potassium chloride
    • sodium chloride
    • sucrose
    • water for injection

EDIT:
The wikipedia page even explain what each thing is: Pfizer–BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

This is going a huge issue once a vaccine becomes readily available and companies start putting mandatory vaccinations into their businesses.

Do you think many businesses will take the same approach? Obviously airlines are different than a retail store or restaurant.

How will society/general public react?

This is great. Hopefully the cesspool of airlines not named Delta (the only ones that seem to care) follow suit. I’m looking at you Southwest and United.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I coach kids
Have seen vaccinated get chickenpox
Have seen kids have terrible reactions to vaccines

we did not vaccinate our daughter due to severe allergies but now that she’s older she has been vaccinated with little reaction (including Pfizer now). I do not believe anyone should be forced to take anything. But I also believe a Privately (not govt) business can mandate masked or vaccination cards for entry. And those who choose not to can not spend their money at that place.

there is plenty of unknown about this disease and the vaccines, and plenty of disinformation. All the parties (government and the medical companies ) have earned some distrust.
There have also been some amazing leaps in treatment.

Our country is screwed Right now simply because of conversations that make villains of opposing views. We need to freaking stop

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
This is great. Hopefully the cesspool of airlines not named Delta (the only ones that seem to care) follow suit. I’m looking at you Southwest and United.

Abbott banned vaccine passports in Texas. Nearly impossible for WN and UA to require them as a result

Last edited by a moderator:

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Anyone believes that US companies are private and can deny service as they wish...well....

They may....and guaranteed to be dragged into US courts. If there is a legal precedent made against that restriction/demand , then they better get their checkbooks out. If there is legislation against said restriction/demand, they will be bankrupted.

Restricting or denying important services is not the same as Twitter....or a hockey forum.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Ridiculous. Things like this will cause even more divide with people and will cause major problems going forward. If someone can't take a vaccine due to medical or religious reasons they can no longer travel. Good luck with all those discrimination issues

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
"Religious reasons" is a huge red herring, as most many major organized religions actively endorse vaccination, and essentially none prohibit them at a doctrinal level
Well according to my buddy who is Muslim, because the vaccine is not Halal many off the people he knows who are Muslim will not take it because of that reason. I'm not claiming to be any expert on all of this but religion will be an issue in some cases

Last edited:

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Well according to my buddy who is Muslim, because the vaccine is not Halal many off the people he knows who are Muslim will not take it because of that reason

Then they're acting against the recommendations of both the Muslim Medical Association of Canada, the Canadian Council of Imams, and a host of other Islamic bodies that have given the go ahead.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Then they're acting against the recommendations of both the Muslim Medical Association of Canada, the Canadian Council of Imams, and a host of other Islamic bodies that have given the go ahead.
Interesting to hear that and also hear what the everyday person is saying. Should be interesting to see how it plays out

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Well according to my buddy who is Muslim, because the vaccine is not Halal many off the people he knows who are Muslim will not take it because of that reason. I'm not claiming to be any expert on all of this but religion will be an issue in some cases

Interesting to hear that and also hear what the everyday person is saying. Should be interesting to see how it plays out

Porcine gelatin is used in many vaccines as a stabilizer.

However, it is not used in the Astra-Zeneca, Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. This is a case of people being misinformed.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo

Definitely an interesting legal and philosophical question. If multi-national religious body x says vaccine is okay, but a local pastor/rabbi/imam belonging to body x says it isn't, are those parishioners seeking a valid religious exemption or being lead astray by a single person preaching their personal views in contravention to accepted doctrine?

If it's a valid exemption, I'd have to ask (at risk of being fallacious) where does that stop? If anyone can claim that x rule is discriminatory against them because of their personal interpretation of a religion (even if the authorities of said religion don't agree with them) what is the point of any rule?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->