Q. Hughes value

Toyoraura

Jan 11, 2016
Hi!
I am in a keeper league and I'm looking to trade Quinn Hughes before he signs probably a big contract.
We count Goals and Assists as 1 point for fowards, 1.25 for defensemen.
I already have Makar that I chose to keep and that will probably cost me a lot too. I could probably keep both of them but I'm trying to see what I could get for him and this trade came up, I just don't know if it's enough:

Q. Hughes
VS
Jason Robertson + 1st pick in 2021, which is like a 6-7th overall.
This saves me 2-3 more years until Robo signs and he's producing at a decent pace rn. I believe more in Dallas than Vancouver but still wanted your idea on that lol.

mratch19

Jul 27, 2010
Vancouver
Makar and Hughes together? You're set for life... I'm not sure why you'd want to separate that. People severely underestimate the importance of a strong D core, yet nearly EVERY winner has high scoring Dmen (obviously there are anomalies year to year). I would not be trading Hughes, cap pool or not, for anything less than a proven ELITE/SUPERSTAR talent coming back your way. Who is going to replace Hughes for you? Are you going to get Luc Hughes with that 6-7? I doubt it, and even then you'll have to wait 2 years since he's likely to play at least one year in Michigan like his brother.

Anyways, that is not close to enough to get Quinn from me.. What if he signs a bridge deal to help Vancouver out? Long answer Short, No, I don't take that deal if I am you.

I get the sense you are underestimating Quinn and Vancouver's offence. Dallas scored 180 goals last year and Vancouver scored 228. Quinn has pp1 LOCKED UP! Quinn, Petey, Boeser, Miller, Horvat is no joke for a pp1 when the team is healthy and rolling.

Last edited:

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Keep Hughes, even in this crappy year Hughes is very involved in our offense and he's basically anchored onto our PP1 for the next decade with Petey and Boeser. Especially with the 1.25x multiplier for points for defensemen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad