Q' Central Scouting List - May 2006

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I don't really know anything about these guys, but from what I've heard, is it a surprise Sauve's ranked ahead of Cormier?

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Seachd said:
I don't really know anything about these guys, but from what I've heard, is it a surprise Sauve's ranked ahead of Cormier?

Not really, they're projected to go 1-2 anyway.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Seachd said:
Phew, for a minute I thought your question was implecating Maxime Sauvé. Yann is big, strong, fast, dominating and a defenseman. Being a defenseman might put him over a forward with the same attributes. :dunno:

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
man this is a good Q draft.

Franchise players such as Patrice Cormier, Yann Sauve, Chris Doyle, Phil Cornet, Kevin Poulin, Antoine Tardif.

Also this QMJHL really lacks the ability to look at Maritimers well...Evan Mosher is just as good as Poulin and Tardif but they have him going 5th round. Jarred Struthers is a possible late first rounder. Colin Gorman is a little overrated for this draft and Kalin Paul is underrated. Also they do not list Kelsey Tessier though he is from Newbrunswick, he is a franchise talent in this draft...playing for the Colorado Outlaws AAA team in the USA after getting kicked out of Shattuck for cheating. Tessier was once thought to give Cormier a run for first overall, now looks like Sauve has taken that.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
scoutman1 said:

Franchise players such as Patrice Cormier, Yann Sauve, Chris Doyle, Phil Cornet, Kevin Poulin, Antoine Tardif.

Also this QMJHL really lacks the ability to look at Maritimers well...Evan Mosher is just as good as Poulin and Tardif but they have him going 5th round. Jarred Struthers is a possible late first rounder. Colin Gorman is a little overrated for this draft and Kalin Paul is underrated. Also they do not list Kelsey Tessier though he is from Newbrunswick, he is a franchise talent in this draft...playing for the Colorado Outlaws AAA team in the USA after getting kicked out of Shattuck for cheating. Tessier was once thought to give Cormier a run for first overall, now looks like Sauve has taken that.
Agreed, Tessier is a franchise talent and Mosher's really good too.
But should Cornet really be ahead of Doyle?

peeimp

Dec 19, 2005
scoutman1 said:

I care to disagree. If he was just as good as Poulin or Tardif the Q would of listed him in the first round. The q has many scouts to cover the maritimes. Think about this. They ranked Cormier and Doyle accordingly but not Mosher. So they have enough scouts to go and see the first 2 guys but not enough to see Mosher. Mosher is a great goalie but I dont think he is on the same level as the other 2. I dont agree he should be ranked in the 5th. Maybe 3-4 round.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
peeimp said:
I care to disagree. If he was just as good as Poulin or Tardif the Q would of listed him in the first round. The q has many scouts to cover the maritimes. Think about this. They ranked Cormier and Doyle accordingly but not Mosher. So they have enough scouts to go and see the first 2 guys but not enough to see Mosher. Mosher is a great goalie but I dont think he is on the same level as the other 2. I dont agree he should be ranked in the 5th. Maybe 3-4 round.

well I can't argue, but you will see in the future. The QMJHL always has lots of scouts, and they always pass over talent. Last year was Marc-Andre Laroche who I had going top 10 in the draft, they took him 2nd round, now he is one of the better players from the draft. Nicola Riopel was the top goalie in the draft, Raphel D'Orso is now taking that over and he was like a 3rd or 4th rounder.

You will see in the future, Mosher will be right up there with Tardif and Poulin and could even surpass them.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
peeimp said:

The Q ranked Logan MacMillan in the 4th rd last year and he is now in the top 20 for the 2007 NHL draft.

The Q overlooks a lot of players if they play far away.

I agree with your Mosher thoughts though, i have him in the 3rd-4th rd area...

hockeyRookie

Apr 18, 2006
scoutman1 said:

hockeyRookie

Apr 18, 2006
Scoutman 1. Your information concerning Tessier's cheating is not accurate. Information from a very reliable source stated Tessier withdrew from Shattuck's St Mary. He and Toews moved to Colorado.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
hockeyRookie said:
Scoutman 1. Your information concerning Tessier's cheating is not accurate. Information from a very reliable source stated Tessier withdrew from Shattuck's St Mary. He and Toews moved to Colorado.

yeah ok...both of them cheated and both got expelled from the school, why would both move to Colorado when they were given the chance to play for Shattuck????

here is the link:
http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/2005_10_02_westerncollegehockey_archive.html

just scroll down a bit, like the guy said, USHR announced it on their site.

and incase that doesn't work here is the article:

Toews and Tessier Expelled from Shattuck-St. Mary's
Last weekend when I got the opportunity to watch Shattuck-St. Mary's play in the High School Elite League, two players that were ominously missing from the lineup were David Toews and Kelsey Tessier, two of the top prospects out of Minnesota for the 2008 recruiting class(Though I probably wouldn't have known either way, since the billion dollar school can't put names on the back of their jerseys or print numerical rosters.) The reason for their absence was explained as an academic problem. I think most people took this to mean that they had fallen behind in some classes and would miss a few games before returning to the team.

But today is was announced by USHR.com that Toews and Tessier have been expelled from Shattuck for cheating. This puts both players in a very difficult position, because both are Canadian, and Hockey Canada's view of America is only slightly more positive than al-Qaeda's. They don't look too kindly upon players that leave their system for the United States. Hockey Canada has tried to regulate the number of Canadians playing in America and they could make it difficult for Toews and Tessier to play in the USHL.

The best option for these two would probably be to find another prep school that will be willing to take them or to move back to Canadian Tier II hockey. If I had to guess, this dismissal probably decreases the likelihood of Toews and Tessier ever making it to college hockey.

hockeyRookie

Apr 18, 2006
Yeah Ok, ... for someone who says he is a scout, you better get your information right. As to why they both move to Colorado? You better ask that question from the Horse's mouth. Did you know, that Shattuck is having some internal problems with the Dean and some administrators. Along with they wish to built a better soccer program. According to reliable info, the Dean prefer's soccer to hockey. We can discuss this over and over... But the matter is the source of your information is not totally acurate.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
hockeyRookie said:
Yeah Ok, ... for someone who says he is a scout, you better get your information right. As to why they both move to Colorado? You better ask that question from the Horse's mouth. Did you know, that Shattuck is having some internal problems with the Dean and some administrators. Along with they wish to built a better soccer program. According to reliable info, the Dean prefer's soccer to hockey. We can discuss this over and over... But the matter is the source of your information is not totally acurate.

ah ushr.com is a pretty reliable program to read. AH just because I scout doesn't mean I know everything going on at all times in the hockey circles and sometimes info is hard to obtain. But USHR is a very well known place to get valuble info from. Why don't you tell me your source then since you are so sure.

So the Dean wants to build a reliable program for soccer, they are not going to ruin one of the best hockey programs in the USA, for a hockey program that is going down they are sure getting some good recrutes for next year and have real good ones already in it and staying there????? So the question still stands then why did Tessier and Toews leave such a great program to go play with Colorado Outlaws, why take yourself from possibly the best prep school for hockey that is near impossible to get into?????? Please tell us I would like to know then since you do.

hockeyRookie

Apr 18, 2006
USHR is a good program to read, however not everything is totally accurate. Most of it is. The Hockey program is still one of the best can't argue that, however, some internal problems do exist. As to share the reasons for them leaving the program, remains confidential. You must understand and respect the confidentiality that exist among sources. Furthermore, you should also check the shuffling of hockey operation \ position within Shattuck. It may provide some clues and interesting conversation??? I acknowledge the fact that we don't know everything at all times in the hockey circles, makes interesting conversation, don't you think? :)

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
hockeyRookie said:
USHR is a good program to read, however not everything is totally accurate. Most of it is. The Hockey program is still one of the best can't argue that, however, some internal problems do exist. As to share the reasons for them leaving the program, remains confidential. You must understand and respect the confidentiality that exist among sources. Furthermore, you should also check the shuffling of hockey operation \ position within Shattuck. It may provide some clues and interesting conversation??? I acknowledge the fact that we don't know everything at all times in the hockey circles, makes interesting conversation, don't you think? :)

it is hard to find everything out, especially when teams hide real facts, I was lead to belive this is what happened and USHL was pretty reputable so I was sold on the notion that this is what happened. Well I do recpect the confidentiality of the situation...thank you.

hockeyRookie

Apr 18, 2006
Your welcome. this conversation was very pleasant and interesting and fact finding. What do you think of the teams entering the Canada Games of 2007. Which team will be a power house. So to speak...

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
hockeyRookie said:
Your welcome. this conversation was very pleasant and interesting and fact finding. What do you think of the teams entering the Canada Games of 2007. Which team will be a power house. So to speak...

hard to say...Nova Scotia is going to have a really strong team, Ontario, Quebec will be extremley strong some strengthas well, Quebec will have the best goaltending in the tourny will be really strong and I didn't look at the western leagues yet

Nova Scotia is going to have two awsome scoring lines, and really good third line and a powerhouse checking line to go along with really good defense but they are going to have weak goaltending

Nova Scotia will look something like this:

Steven Anthony (Underage) - Mike Kirkpatrick - Matt Stoddard
Jarred Struthers - Marc Bourgious - Stephen Horyl
Alex Beaton - Matthew Brown (underage) - Brett Frazee
Anshton Bernard - Tyler Williams - Ryan Mitchelle

Kalin Paul - Evan Watts
Colin Gorman - Chad Morin
Kyle Ervin - Scott MacDonald

Peter Delmus
Kirk Rafues

Anthony being a phenom and possible 1st overall in the 2007 QMJHL draft, Kirkpatrick and Stoddard both being possible top 2 round picks in this years QMJHL draft. Struthers is a possible 1st round pick in this years QMJHL draft, with Bourgious and Horyl being his linemates and being the best line in Major Midget. Beaton is a work horse on the ice, Frazee is small but skilled and Brown is suppose to be a top 10 pick in next years QMJHL draft. Bernard is the hardest hitter in the Maritimes for his age.

Paul and Gorman are both potetnial top 2 round picks in the QMJHL draft, Morin will get drafted and the rest are pretty solid

The goalies are very weak though

Actually right now, I see it being pretty hard for Ontario to lose this, but Quebec has the goaltending here, and I don't know about the WHL areas yet, ill get back to this question when I take a look at them.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->