Value of: Pysyk/Other RHD to Edmonton

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Word is Larsson will be out months after breaking a bone blocking a shot.

Pysyk looks to be on the outs in Florida and I’m thinking trade is our best option to fill that void.

What gets it done? 3rd rounder? Or other RHD available?

more interested in a stopgap than a long term commitment.

Last edited:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If Zach Bogosian is close, I'd suggest Brandon Manning+ for him.

Pysyk is a pretty vanilla defenseman and has never faced the workload he'd be expected to handle if Larsson was out long-term.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Pysyk is a pretty vanilla defenseman and has never faced the workload he'd be expected to handle if Larsson was out long-term.

Bogosian is nearly twice as expensive though. 5.1+ is a beast of a cap hit. Stylistically he’s an OK fit but I sure wouldn’t be adding very much to pick him up. Maybe a straight swap with Gagner.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017

Bogosian will be out for a while as he apparently had a setback over the summer. The Sabres also have Risto (obviously) and Casey Nelson, who is a serviceable #6/7. Pysyk sounds like an excellent fit, though.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Bogosian will be out for a while as he apparently had a setback over the summer. The Sabres also have Risto (obviously) and Casey Nelson, who is a serviceable #6/7. Pysyk sounds like an excellent fit, though.

Yeah Edmonton is a little bit behind the Eight Ball. Our RHD prospects aren't quite ready for full time top end duty. Bear was sent down but only to maximize cap savings, he will be back for the Friday game.

What can they do? Totally the wrong guy to get hurt.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Edmonton doesn’t have the cap space to add Risto for futures and wouldn’t want to give up anything useful off the main roster. We have young RHD coming, we just don’t want to rush them.

hopefully “trade for someone better than Benning” isn’t too tall of an order.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017

LMFAO. Why would Buffalo want Brandon Manning? They are loaded with defensemen. The point of trading one is to get a forward.

capttim

Nov 11, 2014
How about Markov? He is free.... Sign him for min. salary.

Has a track record for mentoring young D.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
This is a development year.

Rather just see what they have from whatever combination of Persson, Bear, Jones, Lagesson, maybe Bouchard but hopefully not til later. Not sure if his call up was a paper transaction or if He'll play now.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
ideally we’d want to send a bit of salary back but I’d do a third for him

Or we could retain a bit, add a 3rd and possibly wine and dine you for your 2nd? :naughty:
But ya I made a similar thread for Pysyk a week ago and felt a 3rd would good value at full caphit, similar to the Petrovic deal last year, maybe a tad more if we did retain.

As mentioned by Laus, Weegar left tonight's game after he was hit to the head along the boards. Being evaluated but if Weegar is back soon, I'd be down to retain a bit to get a 3rd + mid level defensive C prospect or a 4th added.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Christian Folin was pretty solid for the Habs last season as a RHD. 1 year 800K. He has been usurped by a surging Cale Fleury who is here to stay.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
You could probably get Bogo for cheap. The Sabres literally have no room on their RHD.

Risto/Miller/Jokiharju right now with Montour coming back soon.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Word is Larsson will be out months after breaking a bone blocking a shot.

Pysyk looks to be on the outs in Florida and I’m thinking trade is our best option to fill that void.

What gets it done? 3rd rounder? Or other RHD available?

more interested in a stopgap than a long term commitment.

Casey Nelson from the Buffalo Sabres' organization

e; already suggested

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad