Speculation: Pursue Ryan O'Reilly

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I'd rather have Pietrangelo, but either would be great

I have said it before and even some posters around here think I am crazy, but I would offer sheet Piety a ton of money if not signed by summer. 8 years 70 million(okay maybe a bit dramatic). Blues only spend up to 50 million every year, and making that offer sheet will really make them think about icing a competitive team. Piety is top 5 defender in the league and the kid is only 22 years old. Fing stud.

Beer might be talking a little bit here, but the kid is under rated for what he brings to the table. An actual Norris candidate(okay 4th last year.... but stilll) instead of all these other poster hype up as potential Norris guys. He would actually be worth the price to pay.

They have a ton of RFA's they need to resign as well. I remember talking to a blues fan in the summer when we offer sheeted weber, they were legitimately concerned about that possibility with Piety because they don't think they have the money.

Last edited:

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
It was an idea offered by the host. Nothing in terms of inside information or anything substantial beyond that.

And the host was "Phil from Mt Airy", which is the same as me getting a part time hosting gig on the weekend. :laugh: He was a regular caller to the Mike Miss show who somehow landed a part time show, he has zero inside info, and not too much hockey knowledge from what I've heard.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
^ I'm not familiar with the host but he asked one of the CSN writers, too; however, there didn't seem to be any structure behind the thought other than wishful thinking.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Well there was a rumor circulating last night that we inquired about ROR. They want Couturier in a deal right now though, which is clearly a deal breaker from our POV.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Rangers may give up MDZ for ROR.

I have no clue how they could make this move....

They have 10 million in cap space to sign Stepan, Mcdonagh, and Hagelin. Signing ROR and trading MDZ will cost them about 3 million or so more. So next year they would have 7 or so million in space for those players. I don't think they can get them signed for that little.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Well there was a rumor circulating last night that we inquired about ROR. They want Couturier in a deal right now though, which is clearly a deal breaker from our POV.

I would hope so. While ROR does interest me, I fear a bidding war is likely to occur at some point which would essentially put us out of the running. He's a good oung player, but I think someone is going to overpay for him.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
I wish Anaheim wasn't doing so good this year because O'Reilly is going to have a high asking price and I'd rather spend those assets on someone like Bobby Ryan.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I wish Anaheim wasn't doing so good this year because O'Reilly is going to have a high asking price and I'd rather spend those assets on someone like Bobby Ryan.

I like Bobby Ryan but I would wager he will be coming here when his contract ends in two more years. Why waste a lot of assets when you can get him for free. Even if you wait till next offseason when he only has a year left, the price would be cheaper.

IceHot

Jan 14, 2003
Redneck Riviera
Visit site
bruins looking for 3rd line winger

The Bruins are looking for 3rd line help, there's your trade partner Might they be interested in having Knuble back to end his career there or be interested in Fedotenko for the 3rd line?
With the rookie McGinn playing well and Hartnell coming back one of the 2 3rd liners is expendable. Let's hope we don't give them away like we did with other role players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad