Speculation: Pursue Ryan O'Reilly

SAINDON

May 9, 2012
The First State
Pursue, sorry.

Still holding out, should we give an offer sheet? Heard it mentioned on the radio after yesterday's game. Announcer thinks 5 year $20 million would get it done.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Pursue, sorry.

Still holding out, should we give an offer sheet? Heard it mentioned on the radio after yesterday's game. Announcer thinks 5 year $20 million would get it done.

Thoughts?

i wouldn't mind it but the hate for the flyers league wide would continue to grow, especially among the fans.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I think a trade could become a possibility if he continues to hold out, which looks like he will do. Now I wouldn't go by anything the main board says for his value, but wouldn't really know what would be the asking price for him. He is a 55 point player and only 22. He holds a good amount of value but with the holdout you think it would be deminished some. Also we would need to make sure we can fit him under the cap with his contract demands. I know we all like our shiny new toy in Scott Laughton, but if he was the center piece going back to Colorado for him you have to make that deal. Of course Colorado fans will say schenn or couts like everyone else does these days, but they won't get them

Edit: also does he fit into our plans going forward. We know we need to get a big time defender at some point, would ror contract hurt us in doing so.

Last edited:

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I don't think his points are why hes valued so much, hes supposed to be one of the better defensive C's in the league I think. If that is true I would consider something around Couturier.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Pursue, sorry.

Thoughts?
why does colorado not match? I mean seriously....

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Pursue, sorry.

Thoughts?

"Part Rod Brind'Amour, part Dave Poulin, part Bobby Clarke."

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
I think we should take a pass here there is a reason he remains unsigned and hes not worth 5 mill a year.If he was avs would have him signed already time to keep our picks and prospects and develop our own.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I think we should take a pass here there is a reason he remains unsigned and hes not worth 5 mill a year.If he was avs would have him signed already time to keep our picks and prospects and develop our own.

Grabovski is worse defensively and is almost 30 years old is right aroudn the same point range at his peak and got 5.5. If ROR is as good as hes hyped hes worth 5

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
We need another C? If we're offer sheeting anyone it better be OEL.

Phoenix would be REALLY stupid if they didn't match, even if we poison pilled it. I'd really say to offer sheet Rundblad.

97.5 talked about him Sat.

Did they say anything interesting in terms of the Flyers interest or just that he might be able to be gotten by another club?

toughfighter83*

i dont want another small giroux forward on this team, if it was a 6-3 power forward/shooter, i'll take him.

CootaRoo

Oct 18, 2012
Laughton+Cousins for ROR and then a 4 year 4M per contract would be a no brainer from our side (ROR is already basically Laughton's ceiling and only 22)... but does COL do it? I think that depends on the vitriol built up between the sides at this point, didn't ROR sign a contingent deal with a KHL team to try and use as leverage against COL? I can't imagine they enjoy each other's company atm.

Schenn Bros Pizza*

Only offer sheet worth it is OEL. OEL is what we need and I dont care what it takes to get him.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, Laughton, Talbot, Briere (sometimes).

Yeah we need more centers.

Talbot is only marginally a centre, Briere (like you alluded to) is losing stock as a centre, and Schenn has been used a lot on wing. Plus, it's a better approach to stockpile centres and convert them to wingers than the other way around.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Colorado will match anything under the 5.065M threshold. However, I do think that if it comes to a trade something around Couturier (+) would be very possible.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, Laughton, Talbot, Briere (sometimes).

Yeah we need more centers.

RoR is better than all of these guys minus Giroux. Hopefully in the near future Couturier will be added to this list, but as of now? no.

i dont think a offersheet for the guy is a good option. Personally the only "major" move I see happening is brining in someone who is a upgrade over the cluster**** of junk known as Gervais/Foster/Lilja

I actually think Gervais has been serviceable. Nothing fancy, but solid. Foster has been decent, love his shot. With that said, if we can get a guy like OEL (we cant), you obviously do it.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
RoR is better than all of these guys minus Giroux. Hopefully in the near future Couturier will be added to this list, but as of now? no.

I actually think Gervais has been serviceable. Nothing fancy, but solid. Foster has been decent, love his shot. With that said, if we can get a guy like OEL (we cant), you obviously do it.

Gervias has been caught out position way too much. Thankfully Bryz has bailed him out on more then 1 occasion. Foster does have a nice shot. Everything else? meh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad