Purchased Tickets - Waiting for Refund

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
How many people on here on holding on tickets that have postponed and can't get a refund? I highly doubt they will be playing the rest of the regular season in front of crowds. Why not just refund the tickets?? They are making interest off ticketholder's money!

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
They're not going to issue refunds until a final decision is handed down by the league. The organizations themselves still hope to make *some* money from games, but it's unknown if teams will play, where, and how many games. As such, organizations won't unilaterally make any decision to hand money out until there is a decision that forces their hand from up above.

Reactions: TaLoN and Pez68

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I wasn't holding any 2019-20 NHL tickets when play paused, but my wife & I did have two pairs each for March & April 2020 USHL weekend play when that League cancelled their season. It took a couple of weeks after the cancellation announcement for the teams to sort out their unused ticket policies, but then both offered either refunds or credit toward tickets for next season (whenever that might start). One team - Waterloo - was particularly generous, offering three future tickets for every unused ticket from this year. I get that the NHL tix are far more expensive than U.S. juniors admission prices, but I give props to the Black Hawks & the Steel - maybe with influence from the League? - for offering their fans at least equal compensation when these teams operate under severely restricted budgets. :clap:

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
How many people on here on holding on tickets that have postponed and can't get a refund? I highly doubt they will be playing the rest of the regular season in front of crowds. Why not just refund the tickets?? They are making interest off ticketholder's money!

Yeah I am sure they are raking in the dough at 1% interest while the whole business model blew up.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Yeah it’s stupid. I’ve been waiting a couple of months and I was excited when I purchased my ticket because I enjoyed the games that I went to this season.

It’s obvious they aren’t going to let me go to any games this season whether I want to or not. And they are still holding on to my money.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Bought tickets to a Sens-Pens game that was supposed to take place in early April.....the Gametime app informed me that no refund would be issued until the game was officially "canceled", though.

And so we wait. :help:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

As I pointed out in another thread---

Whether it be a sporting event or an entertainment event. places like ticket master can not give refunds until the promoter cancels the event

Here is the best example I can give. Justin Bieber was going on a tour for most of 2020 and almost all gigs were sold out. His promoter has postponed the concerts and not cancelled them and has issued several press releases making quite clear that tickets would not be refunded as the gigs will be rescheduled in either 2021 or 2022 and that has annoyed a lot of people and fans and they are blaming ticket master--ticket master could refund the money but the promoter will not give that money back to ticketmaster. When Janet Jackson got "pregnant" (yes I am using air quotes for that) she postponed her tour for nearly 2 years refusing to give refunds.

I know it sounds complicated but the promoters do not want cancel events. When a few artists announced they had cancelled their gigs, their promoters got mad and tried to say they were just postponed, only to have the bands double down on the cancellations forcing the promoters to give the money back.

Most promoters make money off of the money being in the bank gaining interest. That is why some bands(used to be U2) announces gigs a year in advance, knowing that they will usually sell out in a day or two and then put the money into a high interest rate(usually) account making more money off of the original money.

I know several states tried to pass laws limiting how long an event could be postponed before refunds were issued. All the promoters did was not postponed events but moved dates

I think we could see laws being passed to prevent events being postponed without promoters being forced to offer refunds

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I've never had this happened to me, but I think if something is re-scheduled, you should get full refund no matter what. Especially if you're from out of town where that event is taking place. Everyone made plans for that specific date and that's what we paid money for, re-schedule is not our fault, and like I said especially if you're from out of town. Imagine flying halfway across the country and the event gets rescheduled, what are you supposed to do? Forced to buy another plane ticket to go to the new date...F that....

I think special consideration should be given to people that are not from the area, at least a threshold mileage, or something where you can just be issued a refund.

Rockaway Rob

Jun 30, 2007
I’ve received a refund from The Panthers for the 6 postponed games in my season ticket plan a couple of days ago. It showed up as a credit on my charge card

archangel2

May 19, 2019
For the NHL games I was going to, I was issued a refund about a week after the games were cancelled. I had tickets to 4 rock concerts and have so far received refund for 2 of them.The other two have not been cancelled and ticket master wont refund the tickets until the promoter cancels the gigs. I have been informed by the promoter that the concerts will be rescheduled for either 2021 or 2022 and so refunds wont be issued

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->