Punchys second mock (the what "could" happen bonkers one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
bob said:
im not sure about Chicago takind thelen over Barker...just doesn't make any sense at all...

It does when you consider Thelen has as much, if not more potential than Barker.

Last edited:

sensfan18

Nov 8, 2002
London/Ottawa
Visit site
Wacky to say the least.

1) No way Atlanta takes a goalie (not even in the most "wacky" circumstances).
2) The Jackets will not let Barker pass, if he is there they will take him.

Just my wacky opinions.

bigeasy

Mar 18, 2003
Yankee in South Ga.
Visit site
punchy1 said:
I
26. Washington Capitals (BOS) - Adam Berti (Gives the Caps even more tough solid play. Berti will be a leader for all the skill players in a couple of years)

29. Tampa Bay Lightning - Ladsilav Smid (I believe he could be gone in the top twelve or so but, I am going on what I see other teams needing and that is why this talented lad has dropped down this far. He could be one of them lads that in three years we will all be asking why our gms passed on him)

30. Washington Capitals (DET) - Lukas Kaspar (The most controversial pick in my draft. I love this lad. I have been lucky enough to watch two games he were in and I were shocked at his skills. He will take a little time no doubt but when the payday comes, I feel he could be another Tanguay/Hejduk suprise the hell out of us type of player (not a fair comparison but I mean that fancy of a lad). I can't wait to be right on this pick)

As for draft day potential deals.....

I absolutely believe that there will be so many deals that it is hard to even begin to predict them all.

I am one of those who believe the Caps could well deal both of the later picks they have and one of their goalie prospects before draft day. I could easily see a team like the Kings or better still, the Ducks trading their 7th pick to the Caps for the chance to drop down and get two first round picks this year.

The Caps would be happy to do this because they are loaded with talent and could truly use a player like Tukonen in their system right now. The Ducks have allot of talented young lads that are ready and don't have any glaring needs so they can pick up the two later picks to padd a loaded system.

Of course, being a King fan, I can appreciate the Caps taking all three picks as well. The Kings did twice and I fancy it will start paying big dividends in a year or so.

first off excellent work

curious why you have the caps passing on smid. they have a need for defensemen and have alot of forwards in the system.

definetly agree w/ the idea of the caps moving up.

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
Atlanta wouldn't take a goalie no matter what, but I'd love to see Wolski go there if he's still available.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
This is my wacky who knows mock. If you have a peek at my "punchys first mock" draft on this page you will see a bit different results.

Bure9*

rnyquist said:
Don't be suprised if the rangers dangle the likes of Lundmark, Poti and even Blackburn in an attempt to move up and snag a guy like Wolski or Valabik.

Rangers do not like Wolski. Valabik is a definite possibility, so is Stafford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad