Punchy's first rubbish 04 draft. (dogpileontherabbit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Lord Stanley said:
Solid effort I just have one thing that I think needs to be said. If Robbie Schremp is avaliable at 5th overall when the Coyotes pick I doubt that Wayne Gretzky and Mike Barnett will pass on him. I think when Wayne realizes the kid has a ton of talent and has a huge upside. I just don't personally see Wayne passing on a kid with this much natural ability.

We already have a soft, talented player in Comrie. Olesz or Tukonen is where its at, we will nab at least one and both are great prospects.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
bigeasy said:
i would hope if the caps have an apportunity to pick up smid they would do it. he has value and fits a need. they have alot of forwards and not alot of defensemen.

If the Caps manage Ovechkin, and two of Fransson, Hedman, Smid, and Soderberg, I'll wiz my pants. ;)

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
punchy1 said:
Here you go mates. I wanted to make a mock based on the standings the way I see them finishing. Speculation and if you post your changes, I will make them and then will join the draft day bet who does best thingy.

Be gentle, it is my first time...... (;

1. Washington Capitols - Alexander Ovechkin
2. Pits Penguins - Yevgeny Malkin
3. Chicago Blackhawks - Cam Barker
4. Columbus Bluejackets - Al Radulov
5. Poenix Coyotes - Radislav Olesz
6. New York Rangers - Lauri Tukonen
7. Florida Panthers - Drew Stafford
8. Carolina Huricanes- Marek Schwarz
9. Anahiem Mighty Ducks- A.J. Thelen
10. Atlanta Thrashers - Andrew Ladd
11. Los Angeles Kings - Rob Schremp
12. Minnesota Wild - Boris Valabik
13. Buffalo Sabres - Wojtek Wolski
14. Edmonton Oilers - Wes Oniel
15. New York Islanders - Mike Green
16. Nashville Predators - Alexander Picard
17. St. Louis Blues - Enver Lisin
18. Montreal Canadiens- Kyle Chipchura
19. Calgary Flames - Alvaro Montoya
20. Dallas Stars - Dave Bolland
21. Vancouver Canucks - Jakub Sindel
22. New Jersey Devils - Oscar Hedman
23. Ottawa Senators - Kirill Lymin
24. New York Rangers (TOR) - Brian Bickell
25. San Jose Sharks - Adam Berti
26. Washington Capitals (BOS) - Carl Söderberg
27. Colorado Avalanche - Johan Franson
28. Edmonton Oilers (PHI) - Evan McGrath
29. Tampa Bay Lightning - Ladsilav Smid
30. Washington Capitals (DET) - Lukas Kaspar

There you go mates. What do you think? I have read everyone elses mocks as well as several of the ranking rags and here is my best guess.

The Canes GM has said that Schwarz wouldn't slip past them but that he doesn't see him as being there. I reckon that means he will take him if available.

After the first 13, I think the rest would be late first (at best) to mid second (likely) during an average draft year based on what I have read about them. I don't reckon most of the back 17 first rounders to be as good as last years second rounders but, I am basing that opinion on the nonsense that I have read in the papers so take it with a grain.

I wanted to gamble with a couple of picks and that is one of them.

I also moved Chipchura to the Habs. I know that he would be EXACTLY the kind of player that I would want for the team if I were Gainey but, don't know if he will be there when they pick and also, am not any bloody good at this stuff anyways so there you are.

I left out a couple of teams and many scenarios that I fancy will move up in my mock but here you go.

Thats all I will go on for now as I believe you lot will set me true on allot of these.

Cheers again.

This is the mock where I didn't gamble on the picks like the other one where I did. Like I said.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
gotta disagree with Schwarz to Carolina if even one of Schremp and Wolski are available. Accually, I disagree with everyone that thinks Carolina will pick a goalie in the first or early second anytime soon. Don't read too much into the GM comments either, I think it's exactly the same thing JR did last year. Trying to get a team to jump a few spots to take him, so that they have a better chance of landing their guy.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
I agree. The reason I fancied the Canes taking Schwarz is simply because he is the best player available at that spot. I don't believe that they would keep him or, that if they do take him that it would mean that they would be moving another goalie prospect to make room for him.

I see the Canes as one of the teams that will be very active on draft day. So, for me, I have the players placed where I fancy they will be drafted regardless of the team that is at the position.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Updated again and cheers for the suggestions mates.

I am going to stick with the way I have it now.

Here it is.

1. Washington Capitols - Alexander Ovechkin
2. Pits Penguins - Yevgeny Malkin
3. Chicago Blackhawks - Cam Barker
4. Columbus Bluejackets - Radislav Olesz
5. Poenix Coyotes - Al Radulov
6. New York Rangers - Rob Schremp
7. Florida Panthers - Andrew Ladd
8. Carolina Huricanes- Marek Schwarz
9. Anahiem Mighty Ducks- A.J. Thelen
10. Atlanta Thrashers - Lauri Toukonen
11. Los Angeles Kings - Billy Ray Staffordrus(funniest mullet photo ever on page)
12. Minnesota Wild - Boris Valabik
13. Buffalo Sabres - Alexander Picard
14. Edmonton Oilers - Alvaro Montoya
15. New York Islanders - Mike Green
16. Nashville Predators - Wojtek Wolski
17. St. Louis Blues - Enver Lisin
18. Montreal Canadiens- Kyle Chipchura
19. Calgary Flames - Wes Oniel
20. Dallas Stars - Dave Bolland
21. Vancouver Canucks - Jakub Sindel
22. New Jersey Devils - Oscar Hedman
23. Ottawa Senators - Carl Soderberg
24. New York Rangers (TOR) - Brian Bickell
25. San Jose Sharks - Adam Berti
26. Washington Capitals (BOS) - Kirill Lyman
27. Colorado Avalanche - Johan Franson
28. Edmonton Oilers (PHI) - Evan McGrath
29. Tampa Bay Lightning - Ladsilav Smid
30. Washington Capitals (DET) - Lukas Kaspar

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
punchy1 said:
I have made my FINAL adjustements to my picks (unless a bloke pulls out of the draft, then i feel we should be allowed to make the according changes)

Just wanted to keep it current and see if anyone had any thoughts.

I am now in a draft pool that will give the winner(s) $400! Thoughts?

I don't see either Bickell or Berti going before McGrath

Vicious

Jul 21, 2003
Montreal
I don't think Wolski will fall that low. If he does.. I hope to god the Habs trade up.

Although, I'll also be really happy with Kyle Chipchura. He really is perfect for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad