Puljujarvi's agent unsure if staying in Edmonton is in best interest of his client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Part of me feels like this is a thinly veiled invitation for an offer sheet.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
It should almost be illegal for the Oilers to draft players at this point. That is until their situation is solved and aren't a prospect graveyard.

But I think the Jets could turn Puljujarvi into a player like Blake Wheeler, the one he was supposed to be. It's just that the Oilers seemed to have damaged him and needs a team that can fix him, and I think he has that potential. I mean very few teams can do it for him, I just said Winnipeg because they develop really well, same with Tampa Bay and they used to be really bad at that.

Reactions: LAINEC

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Trade Pulju to Carolina please! Aho can think for both of them and the language wont be an issue. There is no better fit..

He’s not going to play with Aho. Not a chance. He wouldn’t even play top 6.

Carolina is currently playing great hockey and are close to a playoff spot. They’re doing everything they can to get in and not miss for ten straight years. I don’t want this distraction.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I had high hopes for him but he is seriously one of the lowest IQ players I have ever seen. He's consistently making bad plays with the puck on his stick and his positioning when he doesn't have the puck. He's a huge player that plays like he's 5ft 100lbs. If the rumors are true that he wants a trade and doesn't want to play in the minors then I would just hold onto him until a decent offer becomes available. Give him his QO this summer and if he doesn't sign it just let him play in Europe and hope that he develops a brain during that time.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
He doesn’t have the IQ. Very similar to yakupov. He developed early and looked good among his peers early but he can’t just push guys off of him in the NHL. He might wake up somewhere else but unlike a guy like strome he was still bad when sent to the AHL. And the condors are a good team he had no excuse to not be the best guy down there. Draisaitl hall nuge eberle all figured out how to play at this level since they have at least the slightest bit of hockey IQ. Yeah team development is important but at some point if the player can’t figurenit out then you just have to call a spade a spade. Maybe Minnesota or Carolina where there’s a few Finns he could hang out with and they can explain a thing or 2 to him

Reactions: Porkleaker

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
He looks like a drunk baby giraffe on the ice, has no IQ and put your tongue back in your head. Trade him, but only if they actually win a trade for once, because after years of Chiarelli, need a win here.

James Northern

Jan 30, 2019
I'd only take Jesse on condition:

- That he hits the reset and commits to and reports to the AHL Checkers indefinitely. Until he's earned otherwise.
- I wouldn't trade a 2nd round pick for him. 3rd or lower, with sweetener - sure.
- If Dougie Hamilton is going, we need more in return from Edmonton (pick (2nd?) and or prospect) The logic here is that Hamilton is still young and has term on his current contract.
- Nobody from the parent club should be involved in the trade. That being said, looking at the Checkers line-up, we would have to give SOMETHING of quality back. I'm still set on holding on to Necas (we have not seen the last of that kid)..... I don't think Edmonton would be interested in another center, and not sure if Nic Roy would be of interest to them. Besides that, perhaps a similar player in Julien Gauthier straight up for Jesse seems fair, even though Julien has shown signs this season at turning the corner and finding his game in the pros. I would NOT trade him for Fleury. That's another player who I think should be in the NHL, but because of depth and injury - is waiting. His turn will come up. Moving Hamilton in that conversation resolves is a lot and saves Carolina money, while getting that ready and organizational developed defenseman some playing time in the big leagues.

Honestly, Jesse would be at this point a reclamation project. He needs a vote of confidence but also needs to find and buy into players and management that can offer him good leadership. Yeah, he certainly doesn't have the hockey IQ of Aho, and that is not a fair comparison as Aho has extremely high IQ, if not in the top 10 in the league. Still, I think the skills he has can be easily tapped into, if put with a player who knows how to challenge and make his teammates better(enter Aho, Brind'Amour, Williams... etc. Where is that in Edmonton? Exactly)

Cheers for reading

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
He is still very young , I have a feeling he will still end up being a middle 6 winger with like 40 ish point upside given the right opportunity.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I'd only take Jesse on condition:

- That he hits the reset and commits to and reports to the AHL Checkers indefinitely. Until he's earned otherwise.
- I wouldn't trade a 2nd round pick for him. 3rd or lower, with sweetener - sure.
- If Dougie Hamilton is going, we need more in return from Edmonton (pick (2nd?) and or prospect) The logic here is that Hamilton is still young and has term on his current contract.
- Nobody from the parent club should be involved in the trade. That being said, looking at the Checkers line-up, we would have to give SOMETHING of quality back. I'm still set on holding on to Necas (we have not seen the last of that kid)..... I don't think Edmonton would be interested in another center, and not sure if Nic Roy would be of interest to them. Besides that, perhaps a similar player in Julien Gauthier straight up for Jesse seems fair, even though Julien has shown signs this season at turning the corner and finding his game in the pros. I would NOT trade him for Fleury. That's another player who I think should be in the NHL, but because of depth and injury - is waiting. His turn will come up. Moving Hamilton in that conversation resolves is a lot and saves Carolina money, while getting that ready and organizational developed defenseman some playing time in the big leagues.

Honestly, Jesse would be at this point a reclamation project. He needs a vote of confidence but also needs to find and buy into players and management that can offer him good leadership. Yeah, he certainly doesn't have the hockey IQ of Aho, and that is not a fair comparison as Aho has extremely high IQ, if not in the top 10 in the league. Still, I think the skills he has can be easily tapped into, if put with a player who knows how to challenge and make his teammates better(enter Aho, Brind'Amour, Williams... etc. Where is that in Edmonton? Exactly)

Cheers for reading

If I'm Edmonton, I do Hamilton for puljujarvi and a second in an instant.

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
What are the chances of Pulju doing a Dylan Strome
The kid is talented. Skates like the wind. I'm ok with him leaving, we are just going to ruin him and he is a good kid. I wish him the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->