Puljujarvi, What would this cost be?

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
I'm not well versed on him, but is there a reason he seems to be considered a cancer outside of wanting to get playing time?
Not being able to learn English while making millions of dollars living in Canada points to one of two things, either he is too stupid to learn the world’s lingua franca, or he’s got a too cool for school attitude and is unwilling to make adjusments. Both alternatives disqualifies him from being a Red Wing IMO

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Not being able to learn English while making millions of dollars living in Canada points to one of two things, either he is too stupid to learn the world’s lingua franca, or he’s got a too cool for school attitude and is unwilling to make adjusments. Both alternatives disqualifies him from being a Red Wing IMO
What do you mean? He appears to be graduate of the Pavel Datsyuk school of Charisma.

Guaran
tee
ma ke
eng lish
in te-n
yr.
No
Problem
I skate
Coach

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
What do you mean? He appears to be graduate of the Pavel Datsyuk school of Charisma.

Guaran
tee
ma ke
eng lish
in te-n
yr.
No
Problem
I skate
Coach
Finland is part of the Western cultural sphere, Russia is not. It’s a bigger hurdle for someone from asian part of Russia to learn English than for a finn growing up in the 21 century. If Pulujärvi played like Pavel, I’d welcome him

Reactions: Sir Savage the 21st

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Idk, I'd roll the dice depending on cost. He's big, semi talented, kind of the look the wings have been going for lately... (Big talented players). We kinda of need a right shot on the right wing. IF SY thinks he can develope into a 40-60 point guy... We kind of need that guy right now on the 2nd/3rd lines. Wings have no scoring depth.

Everyone's complaints imo are valid though. So...

All depends on cost, I'd sign him two years 3 million or something plus give up a mid rounder and some fringe roster players/older propect. People scoffed at my offer in another thread but Idk, I don't think it's far off of what they're going to get offered league wide.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Finland is part of the Western cultural sphere, Russia is not. It’s a bigger hurdle for someone from asian part of Russia to learn English than for a finn growing up in the 21 century. If Pulujärvi played like Pavel, I’d welcome him

Technically Datsyuk is from the biggest city on the divide between Europe/Asia, but that is largely irrelevent. Even after 10 years in Detroit Datsyuk's English was bad.

Just glad you came around to agree that learning English is silly requirement.

At this point, JP's English is better than Datsyuk in 08.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
All depends on cost, I'd sign him two years 3 million or something plus give up a mid rounder and some fringe roster players/older propect. People scoffed at my offer in another thread but Idk, I don't think it's far off of what they're going to get offered league wide.

Sounds reasonable to what other teams might offer, but that does not necessarily mean that is what Holland would be willing to accept. It is well short of what they'd be looking for in return.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
You do realize Datsyuk struggled with this his entire career, right? Even Holmstrom is probably bottom 10-15 percentile in English skills for a Swede.

While I don’t subscribe to “everyone is a genius in their own way” mantra, some people simply lack the ability to do one thing while excelling in others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ippenator

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Zadina thinks the game just fine, he does try things that might get him hurt eventually but this is a big overreaction to where he is. Pro hockey is hard on 19 year olds.
hes playing against 18 year olds right now . just like the worlds where he didnt stand out . hes a fine skater with a nice shot but hes doesnt have 'the eye of the tiger'

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
hes playing against 18 year olds right now . just like the worlds where he didnt stand out . hes a fine skater with a nice shot but hes doesnt have 'the eye of the tiger'
Zadina improved his skating , but he didn't get stronger, his shots will come. We need to be more patient with him.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You do realize Datsyuk struggled with this his entire career, right? Even Holmstrom is probably bottom 10-15 percentile in English skills for a Swede.

While I don’t subscribe to “everyone is a genius in their own way” mantra, some people simply lack the ability to do one thing while excelling in others.
Some people have issues learning a new language, not sure why this is even a criticsm for hockey players considering they're athletes, not diplomats. We also live in a country where the vast majority only speak one language and don't know the difference between they're, there, and their....

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
The only rumored ask from Holland reported by the media was Bryan Rust. That was before several of his recent signings.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Zadina improved his skating , but he didn't get stronger, his shots will come. We need to be more patient with him.

I don't know man. I don't think his skating looks different.
Zadina never seems to have the puck unless he's on the PP, stationary and taking a shot.
Maybe he should separate from JV at 5 on 5, and let him be the Zone Entry guy.
WIth Hirose and JV, he doesn't get many touches until we set up.

I'll hold off my opinion on whether he's improved until I see him in some exhibition games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad