Confirmed with Link: Puljujarvi signs 1 year deal with Karpat, Liiga

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
It would be nice to see Pulju smarten up like Drouin did in TB before the Sergachev trade and come back to restore some trade value

He would have a home right now on the RNH Neal line and playing his off wing might be good for him

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
At this point I have a dream that he goes on a tear gets traded for a non protected first round pick in this year's draft to a struggling bubble team that either just misses or makes the playoffs.

Don't even care if the pick hits lotto love. Supposed to be a good draft.

The amount of asshurt if we won the lotto again and got to pick Lafreniere or Byfield would be immense, and well worth it.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I'd just as much have him turn his career around and come back here, but if he's made up his mind that's fine. Always thought he'd be a good fit with Nuge due to their speed and active sticks, and with Neal that could have been a great trio if things had gone a little differently.

Neal supposedly plays much better on the RW. For good or bad he is here for 4 more years. Nuge maybe only 2. Our dreams of a Nuge Puljujarvi dominant #2 line are pretty much gone.

I used to think like you but I'm pretty sure that's not happening and I also am starting to have serious doubts about him reaching his potential.

Either he rots overseas or if he can actually prove something maybe we can use him to bring in or draft a solid #3 center.

It's a shame but maybe it turns out for the Oilers somehow.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Neal supposedly plays much better on the RW. For good or bad he is here for 4 more years. Nuge maybe only 2. Our dreams of a Nuge Puljujarvi dominant #2 line are pretty much gone.

I used to think like you but I'm pretty sure that's not happening and I also am starting to have serious doubts about him reaching his potential.

Either he rots overseas or if he can actually prove something maybe we can use him to bring in or draft a solid #3 center.

It's a shame but maybe it turns out for the Oilers somehow.
Neal's great start has actually got me thinking. If he has a good season this year, and good season next year, what are the chances that Seattle picks him up in expansion?

I agree its unlikely that Puljujarvi plays again for the Oilers, but far from impossible. Either way with him overseas hopefully improving his stock it should be like found money when this situation eventually comes to a resolution.

Reactions: Aerchon

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The guy scores with an NHL release and there's always a way of finding fault or being negative about his game. haha....now it's the goaltending of another team.

He’s off his angle, tries to look over and outside and leaves half the net wide open on a shot he doesn’t see.

Beer league fundamentals and that’s statistically the best goalie in the Liiga right now. Shows you the quality of the league.

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
He’s off his angle, tries to look over and outside and leaves half the net wide open on a shot he doesn’t see.

Beer league fundamentals and that’s statistically the best goalie in the Liiga right now. Shows you the quality of the league.
Holyyy, you seem like a hater, to be honest. The ”low quality league” has produced some great talent. The shot in question here from Pulju was a great NHL release, you see these kinds of goals go in OFTEN in the NHL. Bud please, take a chill pill...

Reactions: kovnik

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Holyyy, you seem like a hater, to be honest. The ”low quality league” has produced some great talent. The shot in question here from Pulju was a great NHL release, you see these kinds of goals go in OFTEN in the NHL. Bud please, take a chill pill...
Edit : league isn’t exactly good

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

It was an average NHL release. There are much much quicker releases than that, that don't require the run-up and long follow through that Pulju had. Also, what seperates Pulju's shot from the true NHL elites is how often he can get a shot like that off and on net. From the report posted about Pulju, it seems he misses the net or hits crest quiet often.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
The BCHL has produced some great talent, doesn't make it a good league

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Jesse who?

Uncle...duh

FI70Jxv.gif

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
you're right its not a great league but guess what? Finland has always been a goaltending factory and thats something that simply cannot be ignored

That hasn't really been the case for a while.

Raanta(153), Korpisalo(94), Saros(81), Koskinen(61) and Ortio(37) are the top five in games played for Finnish goalies who have debuted in the last decade.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
That hasn't really been the case for a while.

Raanta(153), Korpisalo(94), Saros(81), Koskinen(61) and Ortio(37) are the top five in games played for Finnish goalies who have debuted in the last decade.
Yeah Finnish goaltending fell off a while ago. They had a great generation with Backstrom, Kipper and then came Rask, Rinne shortly after. Since then they haven’t actually produced a lot of good goalies at all. Russia is actually producing a lot of good young goalies right now.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
seems like he's doing pretty well.

We shouldn't be sour on him, despite what he's said. The plan should be to have him in camp next season.

Although, I have to say that Seattle perhaps picking him is intriguing. Might be good just as a way to shield the rest of our team. I'm thinking we could lose a good Dman otherwise

Reactions: MessierII

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Isn't he like 24th in scoring there?

Get ****ed, JP. You're never going to play in the NHL again.

Get f***ed? I don't understand this mentality. We want him to do well to raise his value, him getting "f***ed" doesn't help anybody except bloodthirsty fans who want him to fail for some reason.
He's a young man who has made some mistakes. I think some people need to ease up a bit on the vitriol towards him. JMO

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Get ****ed? I don't understand this mentality. We want him to do well to raise his value, him getting "****ed" doesn't help anybody except bloodthirsty fans who want him to fail for some reason.
He's a young man who has made some mistakes. I think some people need to ease up a bit on the vitriol towards him. JMO
Personally I want to watch his fanboys squirm as they realize that he really does suck and it wasn't McDavid/McLellan/Draisaitl/Lucic/etc. dragging him down.

Reactions: frag2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->